Denford Desk-Top Tutor membrane

Information and questions about Denford CNC Control electronics, general electrical issues, cables, diagrams, stepper motors, drives etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

robertspark
Hardware/Software: Orac / Mach4 / UCCNC

Denford Desk-Top Tutor membrane

Post by robertspark » Fri 12 Mar , 2021 13:58 pm

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to where to get / how to make membranes for the (later?) Desk-Top Tutor

Any suggestions as to who / which company may have made them in the first place?

Thanks for any time / guidance / suggestions.

Did think about just using an thick heat laminated sheet as a raf way of putting an expanded custom keyboard.

{I've not got into wiring it up yet, but the plan is to use it with my lathe Denford Orac, mill, router and plasma cutter via linuxcnc..... thats the pipe dream.... } :lol:

understand its a DB25 connector wired as RS-232
Rob
Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself”
...working my way through the 1000+ ways things don't work to find the one that does

robertspark
Hardware/Software: Orac / Mach4 / UCCNC

Re: Denford Desk-Top Tutor membrane

Post by robertspark » Sat 13 Mar , 2021 0:39 am

this may be useful to someone, in finding the hex codes output from a Desktop Tutor.

Note I used 9600 baud, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit (I am hoping that is correct for the keyboard....)

{{CORRECTED.....}}
a hex code is issued via serial interface for a button press and another for button release (hence 2 numbers are shown for each button in hex (0x__) and DEC
Denford Desk-Top Tutor DeskTop.png
Denford Desk-Top Tutor DeskTop.png (484.58 KiB) Viewed 1991 times
Rob
Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself”
...working my way through the 1000+ ways things don't work to find the one that does