Norwin 2110 Drives

Information and questions about Denford CNC Control electronics, general electrical issues, cables, diagrams, stepper motors, drives etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

hughes674
Hardware/Software: denford senior 200 cnc with fanuc ot control.

Norwin 2110 Drives

Post by hughes674 » Sun 15 Jul , 2018 16:29 pm

NORWIN DRIVE MANUAL 1.pdf
(85.04 KiB) Downloaded 12053 times
Hi All

Recently started a conversion on my Denford Senior Lathe. I am using the CSMIO/P-A motion controller by CS Labs. I have the drives powered up and enabled. Can anyone explain in simple terms the easiest way to turn the drives prior to PID tuning in the motion controller?

I have the manual for the drives and it says to enable the drive with 0V. Adjust RV1 if there is any movement until it stops. It then says to apply 10v and adjust RV2 command gain until the desired rpm is reached. The first part works but adjusting rv2 has little effect on the motor speed. The motors are running at a max rpm of around 60.

There are other pots on the personality module for Tach, Peak Current and Stability but I'm really not understanding the procedure for adjustment.

I have attached the drive manual for ease of reference and would really appreciate some help.

Thanks
Mick

hughes674
Hardware/Software: denford senior 200 cnc with fanuc ot control.

Re: Norwin 2110 Drives

Post by hughes674 » Mon 16 Jul , 2018 23:36 pm

Hi All

Got the motors now running at full speed by disconnecting the tach wires on pins 1 and 2 of the drive. Any idea what may be causing this?

Really appreciate some feedback. :P

Cheers
Mick