Nextmove ST 7 segment LED

Information and questions about Denford CNC Control electronics, general electrical issues, cables, diagrams, stepper motors, drives etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

richg
Hardware/Software: Microrouter Compact

Nextmove ST 7 segment LED

Post by richg » Mon 22 Aug , 2016 10:03 am

I have a microrouter compact with a nextmove ST controller. The unit powers up but the front door safety latch is never released. Also the USB is no longer recognized. When I look at the nextmove st controller card there is a green led flashing at about 2Hz. The green 7 segment display shows a 5 (could be an S) with the decimal point flashing. Does anyone know what this signifies and how to fix it.

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Nextmove ST 7 segment LED

Post by Martin » Mon 22 Aug , 2016 22:17 pm

Have you had it working before with the current computer?

It may just need the Baldor USB drivers installing. http://www.denfordata.com/downloads/baldorusb.zip
If you can see the Motion Controller in Device manager then it may be worth trying to connect to the card via MintWorkBench which you can install from the utility section on the VRMilling CD.

The door may be locked due to a faulty Emergency Stop push button contact. You should be able to remove the blocks from the back of the switch & check each contact. One will open/close the lock & the other controls the emergency stop relay in the electrical cabinet.

richg
Hardware/Software: Microrouter Compact

Re: Nextmove ST 7 segment LED

Post by richg » Tue 23 Aug , 2016 22:40 pm

Martin wrote:Have you had it working before with the current computer?

It may just need the Baldor USB drivers installing. http://www.denfordata.com/downloads/baldorusb.zip
If you can see the Motion Controller in Device manager then it may be worth trying to connect to the card via MintWorkBench which you can install from the utility section on the VRMilling CD.

The door may be locked due to a faulty Emergency Stop push button contact. You should be able to remove the blocks from the back of the switch & check each contact. One will open/close the lock & the other controls the emergency stop relay in the electrical cabinet.
The unit was working fine with the current computer until recently.
I have tried re-installing the drivers but the PC complains there is a problem with the device.
I have checked the stop switch and both sets of contacts seem fine - closed when in normal operation and open circuit when the emergency button is pressed.
The motion controller has a green 7 segment display which is displaying a 5 with a flashing dot. I have read somewhere that the flashing dot indicates an error but cannot fine what error 5 is.