Blown F2 fuse

Information and questions about Denford CNC Control electronics, general electrical issues, cables, diagrams, stepper motors, drives etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Jeff Griffith
Hardware/Software: Denford 2600 Pro Quick Cam 3D Windows7
VR Milling V5+

Blown F2 fuse

Post by Jeff Griffith » Tue 15 Mar , 2016 20:24 pm

Hello Denford users

We have a Denford 2600 Pro from March 2006 serial #U00608 / 1.6 HP spindle motor / VR5.12 software. We are trying to get the unit back up and running after not being used for 4 years. Today we could not get the X,Y,Z motors to operate. The spindle did come on, Lights inside housing work. We removed the side panel and found F2 fuse was blown. With the machine turned off we replaced the fuse and within 5 seconds the fuse blew again. We replaced the fuse with an equal value fuse 6.3A 250V. I could not find a diagram for the 2600 pro but did see a diagram for the 2600 and fuse F2 was for the transformer. Has anyone had this issue / How did you correct the problem. Thank you.
In checking some of the other posts our unit has the LED light illuminated on what I believe is on the drive board. The seven segment display had LED G or - illuminated.

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Blown F2 fuse

Post by Steve » Wed 18 May , 2016 10:20 am

Hi, Sorry for the delay in the reply but I missed your post.

I have uploaded the schematic for your machine and it will be either MRP003000 or MRP003000A the difference between the two being the spindle drive.

FS2 is the fuse for the Stepper motor Power supply. You could try disconnecting the 4th axis if you have one or the power supply to the Nextmove.

It could be a faulty steper motor or stepper motor driver chip.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5121