ativate m66 with x2.0 input

Information and questions about Denford CNC Control electronics, general electrical issues, cables, diagrams, stepper motors, drives etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

sseiderer0428
Hardware/Software: Denford micromill

ativate m66 with x2.0 input

Post by sseiderer0428 » Tue 21 Apr , 2015 3:17 am

I'm a student at mscs. We have a project for class to integrate the micromill to either a plc or our Saturn robot. It has a 5 pin out on the side and two are pink ( based on the wiring diagram it goes to a relay) yellow with green to ground the whole machine black to the circuit board blue to the circuit board. It says the blue and black are the + - to an output to activate the m66 code. I wrote a program put the m66 and it pauses but I can't get any signal from a plc or the Saturn to start the program. Any help would be much appreciated. Also a little more detail on the pink wires please. I'm running vr milling v5 on a new denford micromill. Thanks SCS

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: ativate m66 with x2.0 input

Post by Steve » Tue 21 Apr , 2015 10:08 am

Hi
Here is the info from the machine test procedure.

NOTE CARE MUST BE TAKEN NOT TO DAMAGE THE MACHINE INPUTS!!!! Volt free relay contacts must be used to link the link between A and B.

If the machine is being supplied to the USA a QM plug will be fitted. Carry out the following procedure:

1. Fit link between A and B on the QM plug

2. Run the QM test program “QM TEST”

3. When the M63 is active Measure on Ohms across C and D for continuity. Check also that LED2 and RL3 are operated.

4. Once M65 is active the circuit should be broken and RL3 and LED 2 deactivate.

5. Check the test program cycles round until you remove the link between A and B. Once the M66 is active after 10 seconds the program will stop as the M code times out.

Test Program

M62 Output 1 on
G04 X5 Delay 5 Seconds
M64 Out 1 off
G04 X5 Delay 5 Seconds
M66 Wait for Input (link between A and B)
G04 X5 Delay 5 Seconds
M99 Rewind program and restart

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: ativate m66 with x2.0 input

Post by Steve » Tue 21 Apr , 2015 10:21 am

The format of your program should be similar to the format below:

M62 (Machine Busy) At the beginning of the program you use the M62 command
NORMAL PROGRAM LINES
Move to Load Unload position
M64 (Machine Idle)
M66 (Halt the program and wait for Input)
The Robot will see the Machine is Idle by monitoring the Link on A & B of the QM port.
Once the work piece has been loaded and the robot is clear of the machine, the robot links Input 1 (Pins E & F) to restart the cycle. This signal should be latched until the status of the machine is busy. This clears the M66 command and the program will continue

M62 (Machine Busy flag reset)
M99 (FINISH PROGRAM AND LOOP BACK TO THE BEGINNING)
The program restart