Microrouter/mach3 convertion charge pump issue

Information and questions about Denford CNC Control electronics, general electrical issues, cables, diagrams, stepper motors, drives etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Large519
CNC Expert
CNC Expert
Hardware/Software: Denford Triac PNC3
FeatureCam - CADCAM
Delcam Powershape

Microrouter/mach3 convertion charge pump issue

Post by Large519 » Tue 21 Jan , 2014 17:20 pm

Currently converting my micro router to mach3, I have my BOB wired in, the e stop, x/y/z limits all work in mach3, the steppers lock up on switch on, but I can't get any power to the drivers through the BOB, the charge pump wont change state.
I have the charge pump set up as output port/pin 1, there is jumper to force the pump on all the time, but this wont work either. Any advice??

Has anybody got a copy of their mach setup for a microrouter? for comparison

angel-tech
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: .....
4 Quatros
3 Oracs
2 Easiturn atc
12 station lathe atc
Mach 3

Re: Microrouter/mach3 convertion charge pump issue

Post by angel-tech » Tue 21 Jan , 2014 18:30 pm

try switching the parallel port setting to epp in the bios, pin 1 does have issues if not on epp.

Large519
CNC Expert
CNC Expert
FeatureCam - CADCAM
Delcam Powershape

Post by Large519 » Tue 21 Jan , 2014 20:27 pm

Thanks Angel Tech, I'll give it a go. Silly question how do I access the bios - in device manager - right click LPT port/properties etc.....

angel-tech
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: .....
4 Quatros
3 Oracs
2 Easiturn atc
12 station lathe atc
Mach 3

Post by angel-tech » Tue 21 Jan , 2014 21:27 pm

reboot the computer and it will give you a message before windows starts to press a certain key (usually F2 or delete) to go into setup.

Large519
CNC Expert
CNC Expert
FeatureCam - CADCAM
Delcam Powershape

Post by Large519 » Thu 23 Jan , 2014 11:17 am

got the charge pump working, but it doesnt turn off when e stop activated.

Also I have no power to my steppers???? I have checked the 28v to the board and this is ok, but my motors arent locking up? fuse's are all ok on the board... any suggestions please??? is repair of the denstep board easy?

I have connected up a new BOB, but have used the 24vDc power supply from the logic circuit to power it, does the bottom board still require the 24vDC power aswell or does it just require the 28v ac for the drives??

Large519
CNC Expert
CNC Expert
FeatureCam - CADCAM
Delcam Powershape

Post by Large519 » Mon 27 Jan , 2014 1:59 am

Originally thinking, that the 24v power into the bottom board wasn't required as I wasn't using the original top board anymore was obviously the wrong thought, the bottom board still requires both sets of power inputs to run the steppers, so now all working, thankyou angel tech for some worthwhile advice...

Now with my spindle setup, I have my new BOB outputting the 0-10v, and this is connected to the spindle drive ok, I am a little unsure of the run on/off connection for the spindle drive, is this correct

Wire 84 from No2 output of original main board - into middle Common connection on spindle run relay
And NO connection on spindle relay to a ground???