Manual control

Information and questions about Denford CNC Control electronics, general electrical issues, cables, diagrams, stepper motors, drives etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Vindiboy
Hardware/Software: Conect Minor Mill
Quickcam 2d design
VR CNC Milling 2.25

Manual control

Post by Vindiboy » Wed 19 Jun , 2013 14:40 pm

I am looking help with wiring a ASHE FX1500 spindle controller, It controls a SEM 130v motor and I am trying to avoid changing it as there could be problems with mounting on mill etc.
I would have liked to control the motor via MACH3 but running it manually would do for now.
I believe all I have to do is connect a 30K potentiometer across pins 1,2 & 3. I would like to know
if this is right. Pin 3 has 12v on it,also terminals F+ & F- have 220v across them what is this used for?
thanks Jim

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Manual control

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 19 Jun , 2013 16:06 pm

F+ and F- will be the field output (for a motor with Field windings that need energising, rather than permanent(fixed) magnet which I believe your SEM motor will be)

Have you got an instruction book for the ASHE drive ? I'm not familiar with it so can't comment on the pot. connections

Vindiboy
Quickcam 2d design
VR CNC Milling 2.25

Post by Vindiboy » Wed 19 Jun , 2013 19:12 pm

no don't have any info, I was looking at other posts with the same problem,( Different control boards) where it was suggested to put a pot with 5v on it in place of control signal

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 20 Jun , 2013 9:43 am

There are normally 3 terminals for a potentiometer.
1- supply - to one end of pot
2- command - to centre of pot
3- common/ground/0v - to other side of pot

If you had a two wire analogue output you would only need to connect to pins 2 and 3 in this example

Vindiboy
Quickcam 2d design
VR CNC Milling 2.25

Post by Vindiboy » Thu 20 Jun , 2013 11:13 am

There are 3 terminals, I was going to connect the pot across them, there is 12v on one of them so wont need an external supply, have to source a pot yet