Denford Micromill Spindle Control Circuit

Information and questions about Denford CNC Control electronics, general electrical issues, cables, diagrams, stepper motors, drives etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

aharman
Hardware/Software: Denford Micromill 2000

Denford Micromill Spindle Control Circuit

Post by aharman » Wed 23 Nov , 2011 21:10 pm

I am trying to convert my Denford Micromill (2001 model, Denstep control card) to run on EMC2, Mach 3, etc.

So far I have removed the top board and managed to wire up the parallel port directly to the 96 way connector on the Denstep card so I am able to control the stepper motors, as per guidance found in this forum.

What I cannot figure out is how to interface with the spindle control on the board (i.e. 0-10V output to feed into the Sprint motor speed controller). Has anyone accomplished this and please could you offer me some guidance?

Many thanks!

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Denford Micromill Spindle Control Circuit

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 24 Nov , 2011 9:34 am

If you wanted to take advantage of the isolated analogue output from the Baldor bottom board then this post may help you get started:
/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=325

It looks as though there is a 5v PWM output from the top card which controls the analogue 0-10V output

aharman

Post by aharman » Fri 25 Nov , 2011 21:01 pm

Thank you! I'll see how I get on, but might just end up buying a separate breakout board and spindle speed controller.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 28 Nov , 2011 11:31 am

Remember that it must be isolated (for that drive anyway) - the analogue is not GND - 10V but more like 100V - 110V (IIRC :? )

aharman

Post by aharman » Wed 30 Nov , 2011 19:36 pm

Ahh, I see. Thank you, I will bear that in mind.