Help VMC TRIAC

Information and questions about Denford CNC Control electronics, general electrical issues, cables, diagrams, stepper motors, drives etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

ilbiondo
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Hardware/Software: VMC TRIAC with ATC

Re: Help VMC TRIAC

Post by ilbiondo » Fri 13 Apr , 2012 15:59 pm

Hi, I'm still here... :roll:
Ok, the machine works and I have already done some work but when I turn off and turn on does not keep in memory the tool and I have to reset with M27 (RESET CAROUSEL TO POCKET ONE).
The problem was there before the break of Baldor card.
Any ideas?
Thanks again.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 17 Apr , 2012 8:42 am

I'm not 100% sure that the DOS software stores the carousel position...
If it did, then it will probably in the none-volotile memory of the Baldor control board (like it is now, on the modern machines)
So that would suggest the battery has also failed on the new board - I'd try replacing it again.
If you don't want to try that then maybe you can get into the habit of calling tool 1 before powering off everytime :?

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Tue 17 Apr , 2012 11:15 am

On some of the machines we used to fit a dongle to the printer port on the control pc which saved the tool position.

ilbiondo
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Hardware/Software: VMC TRIAC with ATC

Post by ilbiondo » Wed 18 Apr , 2012 15:08 pm

Interesting! Can you give me instructions for doing so?

david
Hardware/Software: Hi,

I have faulty baldor D281 motion control card for a triac P. C. (denford). The firmware is ESMINT 3.28 V1.6H/S - JD5. We would like to purchase this card, is it still available? Please let me know as soon as possible, I need it urgently for students' semester projects.

Thank you.

Post by david » Thu 17 Nov , 2016 12:04 pm

Hi,

I have faulty baldor D281 motion control card for a triac P. C. (denford). The firmware is ESMINT 3.28 V1.6H/S - JD5. We would like to purchase this card, is it still available? Please let me know as soon as possible, I need it urgently for students' semester projects.

Thank you.

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Thu 17 Nov , 2016 12:12 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately these boards are no longer available

moray
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Hardware/Software: Triac VMC

Post by moray » Sun 20 Nov , 2016 12:25 pm

david wrote:Hi,

Thank you.
David,

If you're still looking, I've just removed a complete rack from a 1994 Triac VMC.
The board has a red 7-segment display and the chip has ESMINT/3.28V1.6G B1/S-JD3 on it, however from what I gather you can just change the chip.
I have no idea if it works, but it was powering up before I removed it.
Everything is listed in the classifieds - http://denfordata.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5221

david

Thank you.

Post by david » Sun 20 Nov , 2016 20:38 pm

Hello moray,

How do I make payment? Thanks.

David

david

Thank you.

Post by david » Tue 06 Dec , 2016 14:40 pm

Hi Moray,

Hello, I have not heard from you for quite sometime. I hope all is well. Thanks

Regards,
David.

david

Thank you.

Post by david » Tue 10 Jan , 2017 12:13 pm

Denford Admin wrote:We have this card spare:
BaldorEuroCardSpare.JPG
However, we cannot test it here (so can't guarantee it is working) but it came from a working machine a few years ago.

Cost is £150 GBP + £5 airmail postage
Delivery by UPS will be more like £40GBP

You can pay via paypal from the donate button on here.

Hi, is this still available?

david

Thank you.

Post by david » Tue 10 Jan , 2017 12:14 pm

david wrote:Hi Moray,

Hello, I have not heard from you for quite sometime. I hope all is well. Thanks

Regards,
David.

Hello Moray, happy new year! I have not heard from you for quite a while. Hope you are good.