Baldor Nextmove ES DOUT8-11

Information and questions about Denford CNC Control electronics, general electrical issues, cables, diagrams, stepper motors, drives etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

blatter

Baldor Nextmove ES DOUT8-11

Post by blatter » Tue 11 Jan , 2011 0:52 am

Hi,

i have built a 4th axis for my Triac PC, which is running on axis 3 via an SD12 driver card. but i now wish to add a braking system to hold the axis when milling.
i can see that there was an option for a vice that was operated using M10 and M11, and it would appear from the Mint file that it was using DOUT8. i have found this on the 96 pin euro connector pin a13 but am unable to change the state to on. i have rigged up a simple LED to test that the DOUT is switching.
i have also changed the machine configuration so that the vice is ticked in the I/O section.

i have also tried DOUT9 to 11 pins b13, c16, c22 with the same results using the Mcodes for the guard open/close and Aux 1-2 on/off and cannot switch these either.

any ideas welcome

Paul

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Baldor Nextmove ES DOUT8-11

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 11 Jan , 2011 14:40 pm

Have a look in the CIM manual I've uploaded here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3155

You may have to enter REMOTECLAMP 1 or REMOTECHUCK 1 into the .opt file
There may also be scope to use the other outputs via M62, M64 etc..

blatter

Post by blatter » Thu 13 Jan , 2011 23:03 pm

Hi

i have had a good search for an .OPT file and cannot find such a file. i am running VR milling 5

i have been into mint workbench and on the I/O monitors i have found that i can control all the I/O's on bank 0, spindle, coolant, ATC. however Bank 1 I/O's 8 onwards change the LED on the mint but do not change the state of the out pin. do you think it is possible that the ULN2003 chip may have blown?

regards

Paul

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 14 Jan , 2011 9:41 am

I'm afraid I don't know enough about the rack based systems to comment (before my time)
I suspect the outputs after 0 to 7 are on the additional IO card which was connected to the Baldor control card via ribbon cable - whether the IO card supplied
something to enable the extra outputs I'm not sure.

I can't remember how many standard outputs there are, but it will be an easy job to alter the mint to control one of these instead (if there is a spare one?)

black5f
Hardware/Software: 2 lathes, manual mill, cnc mill, home brew software etc

Post by black5f » Mon 28 Mar , 2011 22:39 pm

Hi. Does this help, on some cards the outputs are reassigned?

Tom
Attachments
Image2.jpg
Image2.jpg (331.04 KiB) Viewed 5326 times
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (309.57 KiB) Viewed 5326 times