Feedrate pot not working

Information and questions about Denford CNC Control electronics, general electrical issues, cables, diagrams, stepper motors, drives etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

boots
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Feedrate pot not working

Post by boots » Mon 10 Dec , 2007 21:51 pm

I’m having trouble with my Microrouter Compact this morning. The manual override knob is not working, and I can not change the feed rate over ride in the software either. The first time a turned the machine on, it said it was set at 0 and it would not let us do anything. We rebooted everything and then it came on at 30% but I can not adjust it.

Do you have any suggestions.

boots
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by boots » Mon 10 Dec , 2007 21:53 pm

First make sure the correct machine is selected in VR Milling and made Active.

Under the Setup tab, select Setup Machine Capabilities.
Under the Router Compact NS (in v2) or Microrouter Compact (in v5) heading, check Machine Capabilities, Make sure the Feed Pot is Checked.

Next try Uninstalling VR Milling and re-installing from the CD, there maybe a corrupt file.

boots
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by boots » Tue 27 May , 2008 14:33 pm

The Feed Rate Override may be faulty and needs to be replaced, or dust has worked its way inside and is insulating the contacts, try vacuuming out around the Feed Rate pot and blowing it out with compressed air. You will need to place the machine on its back and remove the bottom access cover to do this.
If the Feed Rate Override still does not work, it will need to be replaced.

The Feed Rate Override can be disabled in the software to see if the machine is operational.
In the VR Milling software, Version 2 or 5, click on the Setup tab.
Click on Setup Machine Parameters.
Type in the password
Click OK
There will be a list of files under the machine selected, click on Machine Capabilities.
A new window will open, look for External Feed Pot. Click on the Checked box to UnCheck it.
Click Ok at the bottom of the window, this will save the settings.
Connect to the machine, home it, click on the Jog tab and jog the machine with the arrow keys and Page Up/Down keys. You will have to use the Feed Rate slider or knob on screen in the Control Panel to adjust the feed rate. Click and drag with the mouse to adjust.