Interlock Error Upon M/C Start-up

All info relating to the Denford VMC1300 and VMC1300 Pro CNC milling machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Jeff Hines
Hardware/Software: Denford VMC 1300
QuickCAM

Interlock Error Upon M/C Start-up

Post by Jeff Hines » Tue 18 Dec , 2012 14:43 pm

I have a VMC 1300 machine with QuickCAM software that is now displaying an interlock error upon start-up.

The machine is less than a year old and has very low hours on it. I have visually inspected the e-stop button and the door guard interlock; there appears to be no damage and the e-stop button feel like it functions fine.

Has anyone experienced a similar condition? Is there a by-pass to trouble shoot?

When I reset the I/O through the QuickCAM software and release the e-stop button I do see that the error is removed (for one second) but quickly returns.

Any support would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Hines

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Interlock Error Upon M/C Start-up

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 19 Dec , 2012 14:43 pm

Check the relay contacts all switch on the distribution circuit board when Estop is pressed/released.
(the biggest one on the PCB shown here viewtopic.php?t=3038 at the bottom next to the Transformer)

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Wed 19 Dec , 2012 21:25 pm

Hi Jeff,

When you say QuickCAM do you mean VRMilling?

When you connect to the machine from VRMilling if you can then open the debug window which should allow you to test the E-Stop button & door closed switch. I think it is in the setup tab.

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Wed 19 Dec , 2012 21:44 pm

The error indicates a fault with the E Stop relay or guard switch.

It may be the E Stop relay is stuck. If you remove the cover from the electronics you will see the pcb with 5 relays on it. Tap the relay sharply with the handle of a screw driver this will unlatch it if its the problem.

If this does not resolve the problem then call Denford and arrange a service visit.

Jeff Hines
Hardware/Software: Denford VMC 1300
QuickCAM

Post by Jeff Hines » Mon 14 Jan , 2013 2:52 am

Sorry folks for the delay in response.

As it turns out the E-Stop Relay contacts were sticking. A firm tap was all it took to free them up. All back and running again.

I will attach a picture of the board and indicate the E-Stop relay for those that follow.

Thank you all for your support. This community is full of helpful and knowledgeable people.
Attachments
E-Stop Relay Board.jpg
E-Stop Relay Board.jpg (381.65 KiB) Viewed 8848 times