Viceroy TDS 1/1GBL Coolant pump drive belt

All info relating to Viceroy machines - Lathes, sharpedge, drills etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

dakes55
Hardware/Software: Denford Viceroy TDS 1/1 GBL

Viceroy TDS 1/1GBL Coolant pump drive belt

Post by dakes55 » Mon 20 Mar , 2017 23:14 pm

Does anyone know the size and dimensions of the vee belt that drives the coolant pump, i measured it and it seems to be 9mm at widest point and 10mm deep measured from outside of pulley to the bottom, any help on this please

Andy B
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: 280 VS lathe, Denford Senior E-type mill, Senior Major Universal Mill

Re: Viceroy TDS 1/1GBL Coolant pump drive belt

Post by Andy B » Tue 21 Mar , 2017 13:35 pm

I've only managed to find an arrangement drawing showing a round (1/4" dia) belt, but I have a drawing of a motor pulley with a 3/8" wide groove for the pump.
So it looks like a standard 'Z' section belt.
I doubt it would be the slightly deeper 'SPZ' section as the power requirement is quite low.

Most on-line belt suppliers have a calculation tool to define the belt length based on your pulley sizes & spacing.

Andy

oldboyouttheback
Hardware/Software: Viceroy TDS 1. Viceroy 280 VS. Weiss WM45 mill. A big hammer, a screwdriver and an oil can

Post by oldboyouttheback » Tue 21 Mar , 2017 19:31 pm

I thought all the TDS1 coolant pumps were made by Hoover ( of the carpet cleaner ) and used a Hoover drive belt. I ccan't remember if it was a Hoover Junior or Senior belt, and as AndyB says they were round belts.
I suspect your lathe has possibly been modified.

Andy B
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: 280 VS lathe, Denford Senior E-type mill, Senior Major Universal Mill

Post by Andy B » Tue 21 Mar , 2017 21:07 pm

oldboyouttheback wrote:I thought all the TDS1 coolant pumps were made by Hoover ( of the carpet cleaner ) and used a Hoover drive belt. I ccan't remember if it was a Hoover Junior or Senior belt, and as AndyB says they were round belts.
I suspect your lathe has possibly been modified.
I've checked the Denford modification notes - there was a change in 1972 to the motor pulley drawing (ML100/201) "To make 'U' groove in pulley to a 'V' groove. To suit new type of belt"
(There had been a previous change to increase the diameter of the 'U' groove in the motor pulley to make the pump run faster).
I can't find an arrangement or parts list yet that shows the new belt or a different pump though.

Andy

dakes55
Hardware/Software: Denford Viceroy TDS 1/1 GBL

Post by dakes55 » Sat 25 Mar , 2017 15:45 pm

Thanks guys, Its not been modified as it came from a collage, and they said it was all standard,