Cutting thread gears viseroy lathe tds1.1

All info relating to Viceroy machines - Lathes, sharpedge, drills etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

DrewD

Cutting thread gears viseroy lathe tds1.1

Post by DrewD » Mon 23 Jan , 2017 23:52 pm

Hello, this is my first time on here and I'm after a little help. I bought a tds 1.1 about a year ago. My Grandad left me a little money and I put a little to it and bought the lathe for £450. I don't know where it's been all it's life but it's like brand new. It's still got real bright scraping all along the bed and it's really really tight. I'm happy as the first lathe I stung my self with turned stock to an eccentric and that was about the best it did. I'm wanting to cut threads but it has no gears in the door. Can someone give me the total amount of gears in the set, the teeth for each gear and the bore size of each gear. It has 1 gear in and I think it's gear D from the threads I've cut and pitch but I could be wrong. The lathe is metric also. If anyone knows where I could buy a set if there's any for sale that would be good but if not I was going to make some. Thanks for your time everyone. Drew

Andy B
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: 280 VS lathe, Denford Senior E-type mill, Senior Major Universal Mill

Re: Cutting thread gears viseroy lathe tds1.1

Post by Andy B » Tue 24 Jan , 2017 10:02 am

Hi Drew and welcome to the forum.

I have put a copy of the drawing showing the Metric end drive arrangement in a new reply in this topic.
You should find drawings for all of the gears listed in the pdfs at the top of the same topic.

Try a wanted ad on this forum for gears - alternatively John Ward (http://www.latheparts.co.uk/)

Andy

Pete.
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Re: Cutting thread gears viseroy lathe tds1.1

Post by Pete. » Tue 24 Jan , 2017 21:06 pm

Hi Drew.
Put up a photo of the gearbox and one of inside the end cover please so we can see exactly what you have got.

Pete.