Viceroy TDS 1/1 saddle clamp.

All info relating to Viceroy machines - Lathes, sharpedge, drills etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

LesT
CNC Expert
CNC Expert
Hardware/Software: An old Viceroy with a half installed invertor drive,(when I can decide where to put the control pushbuttons I will wire it up properly)
A WMD25V mini mill.
Tractor, Bobcat 320, and Dumper truck.
7 sheds, about 5 (?) mowers. etc, etc.

Viceroy TDS 1/1 saddle clamp.

Post by LesT » Tue 17 Aug , 2010 21:20 pm

Hi,

I bought a Metric TDS1/1 G.B.L. on a plant auction website, and am generally pleased with it. I would like to sort out some of the problems it has though. One problem is that the saddle clamp is missing, this is shown as part ML100/506
on a drawing I have, ML100/500. (I got a folder of drawings with the machine). It appears to be a stepped casting, this doesn't agree with the drawing ML100/506A in the recently uploaded set of Pdf's. This appears to show a plain metal pad with the clamping screw hole and a couple of extra holes, presumably for guide pins (?). I think they often removed the saddle clamp on college machines to protect the gearbox/leadscrew.

Can anyone help with a description or an explanation of how the part 506A is supposed to work ?. Alternatively a drawing of the part 506 would be helpful.

Re the drawings I have, if anyone is interested in them I can scan them and post them. They are all assembly drawings I think.

Regards,

Les.T.

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Viceroy TDS 1/1 saddle clamp.

Post by bradders » Wed 18 Aug , 2010 9:39 am

Hi Les,

You could up load your drawings on to here, I'm sure others would be glad to see them

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 18 Aug , 2010 13:30 pm

ML100/506a
Attachments
ML100-506a.pdf
(166.11 KiB) Downloaded 753 times

LesT
CNC Expert
CNC Expert
Hardware/Software: An old Viceroy with a half installed invertor drive,(when I can decide where to put the control pushbuttons I will wire it up properly)
A WMD25V mini mill.

Post by LesT » Wed 18 Aug , 2010 21:05 pm

Thanks for the Pdf, thats the one I meant with the two extra holes for fitting something or mounting it.
I will post some drawings but it will have to wait till next week as I'm on holiday at present and I need an A3 scanner to avoid having to join up the scans.
Cheers,

Les.T.

Druidan
Hardware/Software: Denford Viceroy

Post by Druidan » Sat 30 Nov , 2013 22:49 pm

Hello,
I would like to know if you found an answer to your saddle locking clamp? my saddle has no pins to stop the plate from twisting. I am wanting to make one, however step or no step that is the question. Is there a 506 plan about? as I think 506A is a varient I dont need.

Pete.
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Pete. » Sat 30 Nov , 2013 23:13 pm

My lathe has no pins, the saddle clamp has a lug that locates in a void in the apron, and apart from that just hangs on the bolt. I can take a photo and dims for you tomorrow if you want.

LesT
CNC Expert
CNC Expert
A WMD25V mini mill.

Post by LesT » Fri 13 Dec , 2013 21:49 pm

In the end I made one with the pins which seems to work OK.
I bought one of the small cast ones and a bolt from Bede, but in the end I only used the Bolt.
I couldn't find anyway of getting the cast clamp into the saddle, I think it must be for a different version.
If anyone wants it they can have it for postage and a couple of beer vouchers, (if I can find It !).
Les.T.

Pete.
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Pete. » Sat 14 Dec , 2013 0:55 am

To fit the cast one you have to release the apron from the saddle by removing the socket caps then the little added clearance gives you room to wiggle it in. It's quite fiddly.