Exodus 30 Dust Ectractor

All info relating to Viceroy machines - Lathes, sharpedge, drills etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

jpopowski

Exodus 30 Dust Ectractor

Post by jpopowski » Tue 30 Apr , 2013 12:22 pm

Can anybody advise me as to whether the Exodus 30 dust ectractor, commonly fitted to Viceroy sanding disks, is single or 3 phase.

Is a data sheet for this product available anywhere?

:)

Andy B
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: 280 VS lathe, Denford Senior E-type mill, Senior Major Universal Mill

Re: Exodus 30 Dust Ectractor

Post by Andy B » Wed 01 May , 2013 11:15 am

Most Denford equipment had the option of single or 3-phase (and different voltages) according to the customer.
Best way is to see how many wires/terminals there are and check the plate on the motor.

I've never seen a data sheet for the Exodus - but I'm sure one must exist somewhere!

Andy

jpopowski

Post by jpopowski » Mon 11 Nov , 2013 9:54 am

Hi Andy,

I have acquired an Exodus 30 dust extractor unit which, unfortunately, doesn't have the vacuum motor within it! I think mine is an older unit as the dust shake-out mechanism protrudes from the side rather than the top.

Are you able to provide me with any details/specification of a suitable replacement motor?

I imagine that it would be a thru flow unit of either 2 or 3 stages to provide adequate suction for the two vacuum ports.

Do you know the maker/supplier of a suitably powered unit?

Thanks for your attention

John P

Andy B
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: 280 VS lathe, Denford Senior E-type mill, Senior Major Universal Mill

Post by Andy B » Tue 12 Nov , 2013 8:07 am

Hi John,

If you look through the parts lists - http://www.denfordata.com/downloads/for ... imised.pdf
page 391 - WL127A Extractor - says the vacuum unit was bought complete from 'Unicraft'
page 400 - WL127 Extractor - says the vacuum unit was bought complete from 'Unicraft'

A quick 'Google' for this name suggests it is now owned by Shop Vac - UK contact here - http://www.shopvac.com/international.asp

Sorry - don't know what else to suggest.

Andy