Software Updates / Turning off colours

Help, advise and examples created by the Universal Laser Systems (ULS) VersaLaser laser cutting / marking machine supplied by Denford

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Crakkers
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Software Updates / Turning off colours

Post by Crakkers » Sat 09 Dec , 2006 17:31 pm

Is there anyway of switching off colours - eg so the laser does not see black lines and so does not attempt to cut them?

I believe an updated version of the versa laser softwear is on its way - that will allow this to happen - when will it be available?

The versa softwaer id very simple to use, but inflexible - more user control is required.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Sun 10 Dec , 2006 0:51 am

Can't you "filter" the black out in your design program before printing to the laser ?

In something like Coreldraw there are advanced selection methods, where you can specify the attributes of entities to select as a group (eg pick all where colour=black)
You could then "invert" the selection and can print only selected items

Most packages will allow you to print only selected items or apply filters to the design to take out what you don't want to laser

Crakkers
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by Crakkers » Sat 16 Dec , 2006 11:25 am

so the updated software will be available when exactly?

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Sun 17 Dec , 2006 19:38 pm

There are no short term plans to change Laser CAM.

New features may be added if we have to work on fixing any problems with the product.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 18 Dec , 2006 10:16 am

no short term plans to change Laser CAM
I think he is talking about the versalaser driver ?

There is an advanced version of the laser driver available - I believe this would allow different settings to be assigned to colours.
Unfortunately, at the moment, we cannot support the ULS advanced driver.
Because the driver gives you full control over power and feed settings, we feel its quite dangerous for an inexperienced user - if it was made available through this forum, then you would be on your own and the machine warranty would also be in question.

I'll keep you posted when we have more info on this driver - like material settings / cutting capabilities etc..