Serif Drawplus

Help, advise and examples created by the Universal Laser Systems (ULS) VersaLaser laser cutting / marking machine supplied by Denford

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Simon R

Serif Drawplus

Post by Simon R » Thu 07 Dec , 2006 10:54 am

Am I wasting my time trying to get Serif Drawplus 7 to communicate with our VL300? At the moment the file falls down the gap between the pc and the laser, the former sends it but the latter doesn't see it.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 07 Dec , 2006 11:21 am

You shouldn't be wasting your time - the VL driver is like any other windows printer, so most applications can print to it. It could be that Drawplus has a problem with the bed size not being of standard A3/A4 dimensions - are you able to set the design page size to match that of the laser ?

I take it you can print from other applications no problem ?

In another post, Martin was having some problems with Techsoft printing to the laser
I copied the design from 2D design & pasted it to "Word Pad"
From there I was able to print the work & run full cycle of the laser.
Try the same approach - select your design in DrawPLUS an do a COPY, then open wordpad, and do a PASTE. If the design then appears in wordpad, try printing it from there to the VL300