Mystery automatic start and stopping

Help, advise and examples created by the Universal Laser Systems (ULS) VersaLaser laser cutting / marking machine supplied by Denford

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

delthor

Mystery automatic start and stopping

Post by delthor » Tue 29 May , 2012 16:49 pm

VersaLaser VL300- Why is it that everytime i connect the usb cable from the Versalaser to my pc the laser machine starts up, & after a very short time then stops. This even though i havent opened the softaware to click on the start green button. I have tried disconnecting everything and re connecting and rebooting the pc but still the same problem.. When i do reboot or disconnect the machine my pc finds the laser machine and it starts up automaticly and then stops straight away .. help !!!!! It has only just started to do this mysterious thing ... How do i get it back to normal with clicking on the green start button within the software .. Taking it back to its homing position ....

I have also tried swopping the usb lead and also swopping the standalone pc for my laptop but it still does the same .. Help

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Mystery automatic start and stopping

Post by Martin » Tue 29 May , 2012 18:56 pm

Normally when you power up a computer with a VL laser attached via the USB lead the extraction unit & the air assist unit power on for a second as the USB device is being configured.

I would consider removing the USB leads to both units on the back of the laser then checking in Device Manager that the USB device is being detected correctly. If it shows a error then you should be able to reinstaal the device.