Tutorial using versalaser 2.30

Help, advise and examples created by the Universal Laser Systems (ULS) VersaLaser laser cutting / marking machine supplied by Denford

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

sebu_cristi
Hardware/Software: Versalaser 2.30/Original laser software/Corel Draw or illustrator

Tutorial using versalaser 2.30

Post by sebu_cristi » Thu 20 Jan , 2011 18:38 pm

Hello, today i wanted to try the Versalaser 2.30. I thought that i should try burn something to a paper. I've tried but did not succeed.

I have set the right size in Corel X4, the right material in versalaser software. Tried with raster +50% or vector engraving, or cutting but nothing happend. What have i done wrong, where does the laser beam focus, how can i change focus point if i move the table(at bottom or somewhere else)?

Thanks.

LE: I've used black as the color in Corel, should i've used blue?

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Totorial using versalaser 2.30

Post by bradders » Fri 21 Jan , 2011 9:59 am

You have to make sure that the laser beam is focussed correctly, you should have a setting tool, white piece of plastic dowel with a sloping shoulder with a black base., Use this to recalibrate the focal height (See your manual or CD)

You have to use TRUE colours and narrowest of lines, hair lines etc

BLACK - ENGRAVING
BLUE - VECTOR LINES
RED - CUTTING

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Tutorial using versalaser 2.30

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 21 Jan , 2011 14:45 pm

narrowest of lines
which means lines of zero thickness
.. in case you hadn't seen it, there are instructions for coreldraw here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3078

sebu_cristi
Hardware/Software: Versalaser 2.30/Original laser software/Corel Draw or illustrator

Re: Tutorial using versalaser 2.30

Post by sebu_cristi » Fri 21 Jan , 2011 17:18 pm

Thanks for the answers. Today i finally did something with the laser, i wrote some text on a paper. I went from the materials settings to manual settings(this way i do not need 3 colors). i have only red, blue, black and some gray gradients in corel. I will study the diference between them.