Versalaser VL300 and VLS3.5

Help, advise and examples created by the Universal Laser Systems (ULS) VersaLaser laser cutting / marking machine supplied by Denford

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

sanju

Versalaser VL300 and VLS3.5

Post by sanju » Fri 23 Oct , 2009 6:48 am

I have two versalasers. VL300 and VLS3.5. Both 50watts. Both machines work fine. Why is that VLs3.5 is slower than the vl300 despite using same settings? Is ther a way to try and adjust the speed so that both perform same tasks at same time. We sometimes charge based on laser time to clients and hence the need.

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Versalaser VL300 and VLS3.5

Post by bradders » Fri 23 Oct , 2009 7:22 am

I will ask Versa Laser the question

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Versalaser VL300 and VLS3.5

Post by Steve » Mon 26 Oct , 2009 17:07 pm

We are only distributors for ULS so do not get the full story but as I understand:

The VL and VLS machines have completely different control systems in them.

The change came about I believe as one of the processor chips became obsolete and was not available in RoHS form so the new control was implemented.

As a result a completely new driver was developed and this has to control both the laser power and traverse speed. The new motion control System is microstepping which gives higher resolution but in some cases is slower.

As the driver develops things may get faster.

I would quote jobs based on the VLS which should cut with better acuracy but be slightly slower and gain when you cut the job on the VL.