Versalaser problem -"Install new firmware"

Help, advise and examples created by the Universal Laser Systems (ULS) VersaLaser laser cutting / marking machine supplied by Denford

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

markj

Versalaser problem -"Install new firmware"

Post by markj » Thu 10 Jul , 2008 10:07 am

Hi
I've come in this morning to use the laser cutter and come up against a couple of puzzling problems-
-Went to start the driver software and a message came up that said the computer was looking for the hardware 'Make sure you have a USB lead plugged into the computer......................' Checked all leads everything fine.
-Re-booted all machinery and IT changed USB socket, message came up 'Found new hardware.............'
-Changed back to original USB socket, same initial error message. After a few times driver software booted and machine homed. Then another error message - 'Install new firmware...........Search(recommended) etc.........'
-Am able to start machine but there's no extraction and the compressor sounds 'funny' (getting yellow and green lights)
I posted Monday about a problem with a malfunctioning compressor - don't know if this is the route cause? Although the laser runs without the compressor on?
Any ideas
Cheers

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Thu 10 Jul , 2008 11:26 am

I will see if i can get Versa Laser to check out your comments

ULS Service

USB Error

Post by ULS Service » Thu 10 Jul , 2008 12:54 pm

Hello,

It definitly sounds like your computer lost the USB drivers overnight and does not work anymore.

Disconnect the compressor and the filter USB cables from the machine.

Connect the machine USB to another USB computer port.
If you see now the "New Hardware found" window, follow the procedure and let Windows install all necessary drivers. After this is done, connect the compressor and do the same. And at least, connect the filter and do the same. Now you should have all firmware installed and it should be possible to use everything.

Another idea will be to re-install the machine driver software VCP!

best regards
Bernhard
best regards
Bernhard