won't home and won't jog when you click the secret home

All info relating to the Denford Router 2600 and Pro CNC routers

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

wwbatkins

won't home and won't jog when you click the secret home

Post by wwbatkins » Thu 17 Dec , 2015 0:00 am

And now we have a new issue. I made a cut, turned the block to make the second cut and now the machine won't home or jog...BUT the x-y-z position display shows the numbers changing as if it were moving...
We restarted the computer, the machine, checked everything I can think of - still not working.

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: won't home and won't jog when you click the secret home

Post by Martin » Thu 17 Dec , 2015 8:53 am

Can you turn the X axis lead screw by hand? If not it may just be dust in the Emergency Stop Push Button. If you remove the cover on the right hand side you should be able to vac out the back of the E-Stop button. Also check that the red LED 2 (30volts) is lit on the MRC/08050 board comes on when the E-Stop is released.

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Thu 17 Dec , 2015 15:08 pm

As martin says this could be the E-Stop relay not releasing.

Press and release the button a few times with the guard open, when you release it the X Lead screws should energise and not be possible to turn. When the E Stop is pressed the screw should be free to turn.

wwbatkins

Post by wwbatkins » Thu 17 Dec , 2015 20:00 pm

Checked the E-stop switch and lead screw would turn with it on or off and the 30V LED was NOT lit at any time. I noticed some discoloration of the cover of FS2 and when I touched the cover the LED came on and there was arcing in the fuse cover. Everything worked then, so I cleaned the fuse holder and replaced the fuse and all is well. I will keep my eye on that fuse holder to be sure, but it seem snug on the fuse.
Thanks!

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Thu 17 Dec , 2015 22:39 pm

Power off the machine. Remove the fuse and then nip the fuse holder together. Then refit the fuse. I think that will resolve it.