Router 2600 Pro VR Milling Connecton Problem

All info relating to the Denford Router 2600 and Pro CNC routers

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Sebastian
Hardware/Software: Denford Router 2600 Pro

Router 2600 Pro VR Milling Connecton Problem

Post by Sebastian » Tue 13 Sep , 2011 15:07 pm

Hi, I have a router 2600 Pro.I didnt really know which category to put this under, so I a posting it here aswell. When Using VR milling 5.30, it works fine on one laptop, but the other laptop has the latest version (5.43) and when trying to connect with the machine a error comes up saying "External Exception" and a few numbers (Cannot remember them it started with E0 though). I cannot install VR milling 5.30 on the laptop as the supplied disc is too scratched to be read. Both Laptops run Windows XP Proffesional, and use USB 2.0 to connect to the machine. When I go to Device firmware Update, it shows all the information about the machine, So I definetly know the drivers are working and the laptop is connected to router.

Could anyone tell me how to fix this problem, or where to download the old VR milling Ver 5.30?

Help much appreciated,

Seb Smith

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Router 2600 Pro VR Milling Connecton Problem

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 13 Sep , 2011 15:19 pm

I'd stick with the latest version v5.43
Have you run easyupgrader and that connects to the machine ok ?
If so, it could be another issue with the setup of VR Milling (is the correct machine definately selected ?)
Does the message popup saying erasing flash, downloading etc.. etc.. when you press the connect machine button ?

There are some newer USB drivers available on the CD that might be worth trying... from the CD menu pick (re)install 32 bit drivers

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Wed 14 Sep , 2011 8:54 am

I agree with Admin, There is no reason the current version would not work.

I would first run easy upgrader and check the machine is up to date with firmware. If not update it.

I would then go to add and remove programs and uninstall VR Milling completely then reinstall it with the lattest version.

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » Wed 14 Sep , 2011 17:51 pm

Easy Upgrader syas that it is connected fine and it has the latest firmware. The little box that says erasing flash or downloading does not come up, it just goes straight to the error message.

I shall try re-installing the program, the only problem is if I uninstall it and then re-install it will I need the security license again?

Could the problem be caused by my laptops hardware, making it incompatible with the router,has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks for the help.

Seb Smith

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 15 Sep , 2011 8:35 am

If esayupgrader connects ok then VR Milling should do as well.
Have you definately got Router 2600 Pro as the selected machine ?
You don't normally get exceptions as soon as you press the connect to real machine button, but it's been known to happen when you press the VR machine button - when there is an issue with 3D graphics drivers. If the real machine can't connect then it usually comes up with a picture/message showing the machine could not be found and to check usb/rs232 connections.
Can you send a screenshot of the error ?

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » Thu 15 Sep , 2011 10:59 am

Yes, VR milling is set to 2600 Pro. The Virtual Machine runs perfectly, the laptop has a pentium 4 and a ATI Radeon 9200, Windows XP and 512MB Ram The 3D virtual machine works fine. Also sometimes it goes to not responing, and after clicking on the connect to real machine and axcpeting the error, the control panel comes up but nothing is clickable. An error saying something like XXXLink Must be used comes up aswell, not sure what that is about. I will try and get a screenshot of all the errors sometime today.

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 15 Sep , 2011 11:03 am

Hi, whilst you are getting screenshots, please turn on the debugging mode shown here:
viewtopic.php?t=2061

this might tell us more about what's heppening when connecting...

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Thu 15 Sep , 2011 11:18 am

Is it a “Set XXX Link Function” error on VR Milling ver 5? if so check out :-

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » Thu 15 Sep , 2011 14:09 pm

I first removed VR Milling 5, and the baldor drivers, and then re-installed everything. The first time I tried to connect, it gave me an error saying it wasnt connected, then the second time it worked fine. All the screen shots show the errors, and then it working. Thanks for your help!

Seb Smith
Attachments
screen5.JPG
screen5.JPG (140.78 KiB) Viewed 12419 times
screen4.JPG
screen4.JPG (111.53 KiB) Viewed 12419 times
screen3.JPG
screen3.JPG (80.36 KiB) Viewed 12419 times
screen2.JPG
screen2.JPG (132.71 KiB) Viewed 12419 times
screen1.JPG
screen1.JPG (98.56 KiB) Viewed 12419 times

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 15 Sep , 2011 14:13 pm

Thanks for the info and glad it's working ok now !