spindle speed issues

All info relating to the Denford Router 2600 and Pro CNC routers

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

hedmunds

spindle speed issues

Post by hedmunds » Fri 05 Aug , 2011 6:42 am

I now have spindle speed but it is way too slow.
On the vr milling software it says it is spinning at 24000 AND 120% but it is not.
I have turned up the spindle spped dial on the denford router and it is working according to the vr milling readout. It seems to start spinning at about 12000 rpm and the motor tends wind up quite slowy. Less than 12000 and no spindle speed at all.
The speed is also a little erratic and has most trouble when first turned on. it seems to speed up as it warms up.

Heath.

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: spindle speed issues

Post by Steve » Wed 10 Aug , 2011 11:43 am

The problem could be the motor or the control system. I suspect it is the analog control.

If you removes the cover from the electrical panel they will be able to see the Next Move control and also the Spindle drive. The spindle drive will either be purple or Yellow in colour and has a digital display on it.

The default display on the drive will say STOP until the spindle starts up, when the spindle is started it will display the frequency that the motor is running at. It should display 400Hz when the spindle is at full speed.

Start the spindle and check what is displayed when you try to run the spindle at full speed. If it is not 400 then the control signal will be faulty.

The drive is controlled by an analog signal from the NextMove. This is a 0 – 10V DC output.

It could be a loose connection or it could be a faulty analogue.

Measure the analog into the spindle drive. When you start the spindle at full speed you should have about 10V DC.

I have attached a schematic and marked on the analog.
Attachments
2600PRO SPINDLE.pdf
(76.48 KiB) Downloaded 675 times