Spindle is not turning

All info relating to the Denford Router 2600 and Pro CNC routers

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

markhsfc

Spindle is not turning

Post by markhsfc » Wed 22 Jun , 2011 11:49 am

Morning all,
this is a two part question...
first off, is the most important, when i set a job away the machine moves to the start point, but the spindle does not start turning at all (two cutters down - i need to get this sorted). has any one had this problem and can it be fixed?

the second is... when i jog the machine to set the tool offsets, it sometimes sticks. after a good hoovering and clean it works. it seems to only happen when the machine has been stood inactive for a few weeks. although the machine is kept clean it seems to like a quick hoovering... what lubrication is best for the rails and "screw threads"?

Many thanks
Mark

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Spindle is not turning

Post by bradders » Thu 23 Jun , 2011 7:29 am

1. If the spindle motor is on a plug and socket, make sure the plug is firmly in the socket
2. Check all the fuses are OK in the electrical control panel, check / replace one at a time as they have different ratings
3. Check power is getting to the spindle motor
3. Carbon brushes could be worn down
4. Spindle motor could be faulty.

Use a DRY silicon spray on the threaded actuator rods. Note some times the plastic female threaded drive nuts need fully removing from the threaded actuator rods and then given a good clean

markhsfc

Post by markhsfc » Thu 23 Jun , 2011 9:06 am

thank you for your reply bradders... looks like a fun summer holiday for me :)
does Denford offer any maintainance visits - if so what price would we be looking at?

Many thanks
Mark

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Thu 23 Jun , 2011 10:05 am

Mark,

Hopefully it might be something simple as a fuse. We do offer service visits. Ring Denford's on Tel 01484 728000