Denford Orac spares

All info relating to the Denford ORAC CNC lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

tatty_wood
Hardware/Software: Denford Orac circa 1986

Denford Orac spares

Post by tatty_wood » Thu 06 Sep , 2012 18:16 pm

I have some electrical spares including cd stepperdrives spindle control drive plus encoder bits available. If some one would like to make an offer & collect the parts they are welcome. contact me on:
Tel 01707 331565
Email gary.tessier@sky.com

I live in Welwyn garden city, Hetfordshire

Will try to add some pics later :)

angel-tech
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: .....
4 Quatros
3 Oracs
2 Easiturn atc
12 station lathe atc
Mach 3

Re: Denford Orac spares

Post by angel-tech » Thu 06 Sep , 2012 22:49 pm

i'm interested gary, i'll ring you in the morning.

Ziggy001

Post by Ziggy001 » Mon 21 Jan , 2013 17:11 pm

hI
Do you still have the spindle encoder strip as mine does not work anymore
Thanks
Paul :roll:

delta
Hardware/Software: I was registered here about 7 years ago but forgot my password so, i have to register again...Sorry

Post by delta » Fri 01 Mar , 2013 18:49 pm

Hi all!
I have just joint the club and English is not my native language. Actually I am watching this forum from Athens where i come from. And here comes my first question regarding the Orac's three phase frequency inverter. Do you sell this item as well?
And what year yours was made? Can you send a picture of the aluminum data plate?
Mine was manufactured in 1985 and was running fine until a friend tried to use it and damaged the main motor electronics. I have found 2 gray wires broken there and i think these were connected to some kind of low frequency choke. But it is not there. I resume this from pictures of similar machines of other Orac owners.
If there are other Orac owners with their lathe unmodified maybe they can help by exchanging pictures of the rear of the machine and some data they may have handy....Regards to all of you.

Dimitris K :?: :)