Novamill spindle drive motor

All info relating to the Denford Novamill CNC Milling machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

JohnHaine
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Hardware/Software: My Novamill, bought in Nov 11 without electronics, is now up and running under Mach3 with a home-build control box. I'm very pleased with the machine, only project so far is correcting a cheap small machine vice originally bought for a vertical slide to use on the machine - not a right-angle in it when bought!

Novamill spindle drive motor

Post by JohnHaine » Mon 21 Nov , 2011 14:36 pm

Hi, I have acquired a Novamill which is without its control box. This is not necessarily a problem though as I have an exisiting set of drive electronics for my CNC lathe which with an extra axis will do the trick. HOWEVER, I will need a power supply for the spindle drive motor. I also have a DC motor driver which might do the job - can anyone tell me what the motor specification is please?

John.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Novamill spindle drive motor

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 23 Nov , 2011 9:30 am

If you have the serial number of the machine (eg H001234 or E01234) then we can say for sure but i think it'll be an SEM motor:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2540

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 23 Nov , 2011 9:48 am

Sorry, just looked at a few novamill spec sheets and they say this:
Model S/no Volts kw Hz Ac/Dc Phase
BALDOR 5000RPM 180 .37 - DC -

The drive would have been a Sprint 400
viewtopic.php?t=634

JohnHaine
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Hardware/Software: My Novamill, bought in Nov 11 without electronics, is now up and running under Mach3 with a home-build control box. I'm very pleased with the machine, only project so far is correcting a cheap small machine vice originally bought for a vertical slide to use on the machine - not a right-angle in it when bought!

Post by JohnHaine » Wed 23 Nov , 2011 12:01 pm

Excellent, just what I need, thanks!

flyingmike
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by flyingmike » Fri 30 Dec , 2011 22:48 pm

Check out Axis contols in Southport for KB electronics.

http://www.axiscontrols.co.uk/default.aspx

JohnHaine
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by JohnHaine » Sat 31 Dec , 2011 18:30 pm

Mike, thanks for the link. Actually, the driver that I have is a KB one that I bought several years ago with a nice DC servo motor but never got round to using...and just a few minutes ago I fired it up and it drives the motor beautifully.

Cheers, John.