Mirac not resetting.

All info relating to the Denford Mirac lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

chadha

Mirac not resetting.

Post by chadha » Wed 14 Oct , 2009 19:25 pm

Hi all,

I've got a mirac that i had a few problems a couple of years ago but got it all up a running, It's been standing still for over a year now, i switched it on but doesn't reset/home - if i click the axis override button i can hear/see the stepper motors trying to move, i can freely move them otherwise.

My pc doesnt connect to the machine either, but im sure if the machine was able to reset, it would connect

The reset button is also a dud - its not connected to anything. any ideas?

thank you for any help in advance.

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Mirac not resetting.

Post by Martin » Wed 14 Oct , 2009 19:43 pm

Has the X or Z axis gone on to a limit switch?
Press & hold the "Axis Limit Switch Overide" button & home the machine. Then release the button.

chadha

Post by chadha » Wed 14 Oct , 2009 20:48 pm

hi, yes it has a limit switch by i've manually moved it into a position where it is not activating the switch.

When i press the override button, it does try to go home, even when the machine is not linked to the PC

I have tried to home the machine while pressing the button, but it says that it is not connected.

The eurocard also shows a .C on it, not even a 8 or S.

any other ideas?

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Thu 15 Oct , 2009 8:05 am

A "C" in the Eurocard usually means Circular Interpolation, so I dont know how this is occuring. With the power off try unseating and then reseating all the cards in the rack and ensure that the ribbon cable are firmly in place
When i press the override button, it does try to go home, even when the machine is not linked to the PC
I can work out why the machine would try to HOME when the PC is not connected :?: :?: :?:

The Axis Override button when pressed and held should power up the ESR (Emergency Stop Relay) See drawing attached
Attachments
Mirac PC E Stop Circuit.pdf
(43.45 KiB) Downloaded 664 times

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 15 Oct , 2009 9:55 am

I can't understand how it could be moving/homing without the PC connected, unless it is a Fanuc Mirac and the PC is used for drip feeding??

I think a couple of photos of the machine, PC, software and electrical cabinet would help us guess what the problem could be...

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Thu 15 Oct , 2009 9:59 am

Good thinking Administrator ...................The Serial No and Year of Manufacture of the Mirac would help

chadha

Post by chadha » Thu 15 Oct , 2009 10:42 am

Hi guys, thank you for the information,

hmm, when i meant the machine is trying to home, could it be that it is trying to jog to its original settings, i remember that it used to do this as soon as you switched it on, it would jog slightly.

I will get some photos up soon.

I will give all the cards a clean now while i wait for the camera.