Easimill advice wanted. . .

General support, help and advice for Denford CNC machines (old and new)

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

antique_man

Easimill advice wanted. . .

Post by antique_man » Mon 30 Jan , 2017 18:19 pm

Greeting to everyone from a man in need.

Back while living in the U.K. I bought a Denford Easimill, with history.

It came from a government sale of equipment used for training inmates at H.M. prison at Long Lartin, Worcestershire where it had given excellent service making keys, knives and other items useful to those who find themselves incarcerated.

In April 1990 there was a mass breakout attempted, which explains the appearance of my machine.

After this event the government decided to upgrade this prison to maximum security, cease all training and dispose of the machine tools. And that dear friend is how I got my Easimill.

Sorry for the above, but I do think it nice to know something about our machines.

Now living in South Africa with my Easimill.

Mr. Google can offer very little information about the Easimill, perhaps someone out there can help.

A manual (copy) would be great, an electrical diagram would also be a big help.
Also there are two things that are stopping the restoration at this moment.

Why has Denford used magnetic proximity switches as well as micro-switches in the limits detection circuit?

There seems to be a ring missing from the bottom of the quill. It appears that some kind of seal should be enclosed between the quill housing and the ring, perhaps an O’Ring.

If anyone is able to tell me more about this ring (size) purpose and if there needs to be a seal, I will add them to my Christmas list immediately.
Attachments
Easimill Machine Plate.JPG
Easimill Machine Plate.JPG (42.29 KiB) Viewed 9314 times
Easimill Quill.JPG
Easimill Quill.JPG (33.07 KiB) Viewed 9314 times

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Easimill advice wanted. . .

Post by Martin » Tue 31 Jan , 2017 9:40 am

The magnetic proximity switches are used for the home/datum markers & are more accurate than the micro switches used for the over travels. You should never go on to the over travel switches during normal use as you have software limits which should stop it hitting them.

antique_man

Re: Easimill advice wanted. . .

Post by antique_man » Tue 31 Jan , 2017 17:13 pm

Thank you for that Martin.

Do you know how accurate they are or can be?

If I understand you these are used to reference the machine; a part is to be machined with a gap period when the power is off. If this is correct it would be wonderful for me as I get five time more power cuts than hair cuts.