Boxford - Denford 8" shaper

General support, help and advice for Denford CNC machines (old and new)

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

racingrotax
Hardware/Software: 8" Shaper

Boxford - Denford 8" shaper

Post by racingrotax » Thu 28 Apr , 2011 15:28 pm

hello all, as a newbe i would like some help if possible, i have recently bought a boxford 8" shaper on arrival at home after a good inspection it looks like no other boxford shaper i can find photo's of, it has a label rivited onto the boxford door denford machine tools ltd with a serial number 8088s, it appears to be on a boxford shaper base, i have photos i can email anyone who may want to have a look, (not sure how to upload to this site) many thanks in advance jeff

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Boxford - Denford 8" shaper

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 28 Apr , 2011 15:34 pm

Hi,

It's easy enough to upload pictures on here - see this post: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=597
Please try to reduce them to around 1024 x 768 in size (see the bit about the image resizer powertoy)

Andy B
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: 280 VS lathe, Denford Senior E-type mill, Senior Major Universal Mill

Re: Boxford - Denford 8" shaper

Post by Andy B » Sat 30 Apr , 2011 22:18 pm

Have you checked Tony Griffiths' web site?

Picture of a Boxford here - http://www.lathes.co.uk/shapers/

The Viceroy shaper was based on the 'Royal' - details here - http://www.lathes.co.uk/royalshaper/index.html

Is it like any of these?
I think I salvaged some drawings for the Viceroy Royal. Might take some finding though.....

Andy