Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

chrispotts
Hardware/Software: Denford CNC Microrouter V5 pro
solidworks 2011

batch production using Solidworks & Microrouter

Post by chrispotts » Wed 02 Mar , 2016 18:20 pm

Hi. I hope someone out there can help.
I need to produce a batch of parts.
So far I have managed to produce a drawing in Solidworks, save it, and transfer it to the Microrouter.
My problem now is how to produce a batch. I have search the programme, and YouTube for hours on end but can find no way of simply Copy & Paste the part as one can do really easily in Techsoft 2D Design.
Or does the secret lie in the router software ( i cant see it there either)

Thanks in anticipation

Chris

TDIPower
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: Starturn 5 (sort of running, I will get this done!)
Lathe cam designer V1.11
Quickturn 2D Design
FANUC offline and online programs.
Microrouter Pro NS V5 (microstep)
VR2 and VR5
Boxford VMC260
Techsoft 2d Design tools V1 > V2
ProDesktop
Fusion 360
Deskproto

Re: batch production using Solidworks & Microrouter

Post by TDIPower » Wed 02 Mar , 2016 19:59 pm

I presume you have done a drawing for a part and now you want to tessellate them onto a sheet so you can do more than one at a time (as you say easy in 2D design).

In ProDesktop you could copy and paste within a drawing so you could have a part and drop another next to it on the same work plane, is that not possible? Another thing you could do in ProD is produce an assembly so you could draw a part or selection of parts, save them and then assemble them in relation to each others position in another drawing. I would need to see how VR5 would deal with the layout and I don't have it on this PC.

I haven't seen anything within Quick CAM Pro or VR5 that would do the above. I believe Quick cam just a post processor so all it does is converts your drawing into code, VR5 uses that code to control the machine. You need to get the drawing sorted before it gets to those.

I could be wrong, I have just produced a tessellated drawing of a simple part within ProD and if I get chance tomorrow will have a look to see how QuickCAM Pro deals with it.

Pete