Connection Problem for NS Version 4 Microrouter

All info relating to the Denford MicroRouter and MicroRouter Pro CNC Routers

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

amesmich

Connection Problem for NS Version 4 Microrouter

Post by amesmich » Wed 10 May , 2006 13:34 pm

About a year ago I installed more current VR CNC software that was given to me by one of the Denford reps. The current software version is 2.30.3.947.

My problem is it wont connect. I am still uning the back OEM rs232 cable that has a db 25 on one end and a DB 9 on the other.

Its connected to the serial port and the software scans all the ports when you try to connect.

Then errors and says to check the cable and make sure the machine is on. I have checked all that.

Any Ideas on how to get this working???? :roll:

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 10 May , 2006 13:51 pm

This could be the control type is wrong and the software is looking for something different to what is there:
Check the basics:

You have the correct machine selected - it tells you on the main title bar (eg, Virtual Reality CNC Milling - ROUTERV5PRONS)

Try changing the control type parameter if the machine type is definately correct - (Menu:Setup Machine Parameters - denny - Communications - Control Type) either from 7 to 9 or vice versa

From a previous post:
If the firmware is 5035, then you use control type 7
If the firmware is above 5035 then it is control type 9
Download EasyUpgrader from here:
http://www.denfordata.com/downloads/eas ... 1-9-cd.zip

When you install and run this, it will find your machine and tell us what firmware you have in there (as long as there isn't a problem with the RS232 comms/cable :? )
Last edited by Denford Admin on Fri 15 Feb , 2008 10:15 am, edited 6 times in total.

amesmich

Post by amesmich » Thu 11 May , 2006 12:45 pm

Yes I have used the updater the problem is It does not work because it says that the bootloader cards are out of date.

Denford gave us new software and did not realize until it was too late that they gave us software that does not work with our router. In the process they took our older copy of the software. In shot I am now left with a machine that dosent work because the software I have is too new for the older card. It is the most frustrating thing. I have learned my lessons from this whole mess. :wink:

I even went so far as to uninstall and reinstall the VR software. My router is a Ver 4 NS which is not listed in the new software so I just used "router" when I reinstalled it.

One more thing. How do you reset the setup passwords in the VR software ???? I believe the rep did it and now I dont know what it is. I have found that reinstalling the software has no affect on the password.

Thanks for your time.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 11 May , 2006 13:47 pm

Sorry about your problems, its quite hard to tell what is going and whats been done (and by who) in the past from just a couple of sentences, but I can assure you that the machine and software you have will work together properly (even if the bootloader is out of date).

Like most updates of any software, they are not only to fix bugs, but to improve and add to the existing features, so its not the end of the world to have out of date software/firmware, if it works and does the job then its OK.

If you have selected ROUTER as the machine, then this is looking for the old style control card - with a red 7-segment display on it.
If you select ROUTERNS as the machine, then this will be looking for the newer NS type of control card with a green display.

To reset the setup parameters, you need to find windmill.ini normally in C:\Program Files\Denford\VRMilling.
Close VRMilling first
Open the ini file with Notepad or any text editor. About 30 lines down will be an entry like this:
Access=E6JA-UT98-12BV-YDP
Just delete this whole line, save and close the file, and the password will be reset next time you run VRMilling

Hope this is enough to get you going again :D

amesmich

Post by amesmich » Mon 15 May , 2006 15:24 pm

Thanks for your help. I will try it. I have a new NS type and the 8 segment display inside is green so I will reinstall the software and try routers instead of router.

Your Awesome. You helped me out a lot. Thank You very much!!! :D

amesmich

Post by amesmich » Wed 17 May , 2006 13:09 pm

That worked. Thanks !!!