Micromill 2000 cuts radius in different coordinate

All info relating to the Denford MicroMill and MicroTurn lathes and mills

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

phantomzonecase

Micromill 2000 cuts radius in different coordinate

Post by phantomzonecase » Fri 02 Mar , 2012 17:59 pm

Hello,

I have been using a denford micromill 2000 from couple of month to make samples for my experiment.After making a good amount of sample the cnc is having some problems.Onetime while homing the x-axis motor was not stopping, near the 0 position the motor was rotating and making noise but didn't stop.So I restart the machine and then it was working fine.After that I made couple of samples and this problem was occuring intermittently.So I lubricate the x-axis motor and checked the stop switch everything is ok but stil the x-axis motor shows this intermittently.Now the problem is, it doesn't creat radius of curvature in the co-ordinate according to the code although the computer screen shows the machine is working according to my code but by my bare eyes I can see that its creating the radius of curvature a littlebit off in x-direction.So its like if my sample is 1.5 inch long and I want to create a 0.75 inch radius of curvature which has center in the middle of the sample it is not doing that.It is now creating the radius of curvature in one side of my sample.Please see the attached picture to get more clarity about the problem.This things happens only when I want to cut any radius where both x and y axis motor works but if i want to straight cut only in x or y direction there is no problem with the cnc.Another thing I want to add that sometimes during moving the table manually the x axis motor creates noise and in the computer screen shows displacement in x axis but in reality the table doesn't move.But sometimes after homing or sometimes after restarting the machine and computer the x-axis moves fine manually.Can anyone please give me any idea whats going on with my micromill 2000?Thanks in advance.
Attachments
photo(2)denford.jpg
photo(2)denford.jpg (146.56 KiB) Viewed 4595 times

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Micromill 2000 cuts radius in different coordinate

Post by Martin » Fri 02 Mar , 2012 22:45 pm

Take a look at the maintenance section in the MicroMill manual.

You can download it from,
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3130

I would make sure it is lubericated, Backlash removed & Jib strips adjusted.

You should be able to get hold of the table & feel for any slop.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 05 Mar , 2012 12:57 pm

Is this a microMILL or TURN ?
From the samples, I presumed they would be turned components.
How are the moves programmed ?
If it is a mill, do you use a rotary axis ?

phantomzonecase

Post by phantomzonecase » Mon 05 Mar , 2012 22:23 pm

Hello,
Actually I mount a motor and holding device above the table of Denford micromill 2000 cnc to hold and rotate my sample while cutting it with the cnc.Thanks a lot for your reply.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 06 Mar , 2012 10:02 am

Ok I think I can visualise it now. Those parts are held inline with the X axis and rotated whilst being milled. I guess the program is a large radius arc in XY (?)
I think the problem will definately be in the X axis screw or Gib strip tightening up and stalling the stepper motor.
To verify this, make a mark on the table where the X axis has homed out.
Then run the program.
Then move the axis back to X0.00 on the machine display (don't use the homing sequence)
You will see if the X has lost position or not.