Sending a program

All info relating to the Denford MicroMill and MicroTurn lathes and mills

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

dajavu

Sending a program

Post by dajavu » Tue 27 May , 2008 20:11 pm

im trying to send a cad program using the rs232 communicator only. I have a micro-mill which i just got and am trying to avoid buying the software. I know i have communication with the mill and my computer. What codes do i need to "home" the machine. Also, Can someone send me an example of a program. Thanks.
can you send me a sample program to run my machine including homing etc. i will like to run it without buying the software using the RS232 communicator. I have other cam software to create programs

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 29 May , 2008 9:05 am

What is the control inside the Micro-mill ?

If its a Baldor, then what color is the seven-segment display ?

Benny
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Benny » Fri 30 May , 2008 20:45 pm

Customer writes in ....

Hello,
Since my machine doesnt have a serial number that i can see i included two photos. Can you tell me if this machine will run on your windows software? I notice the screen on the Denford rs232 communicator goes pink when i shut off the machine so i believe it has communication.

Also, can i return the doggle if the machine will not run for a full refund?
Attachments
SANY0002.JPG
SANY0002.JPG (244.87 KiB) Viewed 5154 times

Benny
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Benny » Fri 30 May , 2008 20:50 pm

Please identify your control card from this PDF link
http://www.denfordata.com/projectimages ... _guide.pdf

It appears from the exterior of the machine you may have a standard micromill using DOS based control software. We no longer sell or support the DOS based control software. You may download any of our DOS based software for free from our website
http://www.denford.ltd.uk/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=51

There are also manuals, tutorials and wiring diagrams. http://www.denford.ltd.uk/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=51.

Please note: Denford cannot provide support for these products, however, the Denford Forum is a great place to find information about legacy products.

If you are interested in upgrading to windows based software, you may order #450002 which comes with an EPROM chip and VR CNC Milling v. 2.31 control software. -

dajavu

port settings for Dos?

Post by dajavu » Sat 31 May , 2008 17:10 pm

Hello,
My controller is a Smart Step according to the identification link you sent. I've been working with the Dos dowload(fanucm). Can you tell me the port settings i need to communicate with the machine? baud, parity, stop bits, etc.
can you send me a sample program to run my machine including homing etc. i will like to run it without buying the software using the RS232 communicator. I have other cam software to create programs

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 02 Jun , 2008 9:09 am

Can you tell me the port settings i need to communicate with the machine? baud, parity, stop bits, etc
I don't know anything about the DOS connection but the later settings may help ? - the next generation of control (used by windows and V2 VRMilling) was 19200 Baud, No Parity, 8 data and 2 Stop bits.
I'm guessing it will be 4800 or 9600 baud for the DOS version - its also possible that the firmware outputs some text when it powers on, so you could hook it up to some terminal software and keep power cycling it .

Sorry if this is vague info - all I know about is the later windows control s/w