easiturn 3 , data link problem. Please help!

All info relating to the Denford EasiMill and EasiTurn lathes and mills

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

kagouraki

easiturn 3 , data link problem. Please help!

Post by kagouraki » Tue 16 Oct , 2012 14:23 pm

Hello
i have a easiturn 3 with PNC 3 and i have make a cable like shown in the attached picture. I use a 9 pin Male on pc side and a ethernet cable (ethernet has 8 cables in it and i use the 3 of them) lenght of the cable 1.5meter. I am using a windows xp pc.
The communication between the cnc and the pc must be ok because when sending from the cnc to the pc everything is ok. The problem is when i want to send the code back to the cnc. On the CNC side i choose data link - Host Computer and in the pc side in the easyDNC programm i push SEND. Then the easyDNC says Waiting for CNC and nothing happen. After a while If i press reset on the cnc the procedure on easyDNC says 100% and in the cnc is tranfered only the first block.
When i make the same procedure and have drip feed enabled in easyDNC then it is executing the first line and after that stucks again. If i press STOP on the easyDNC and then send again it executes the second line.
This all is possible only for G01 commands. M04 dont work. Nothing happen when i send them.
I attach a picture with my easyDNC settings and my G code with i have sended from my cnc.

Please help me i dont know what else to do !

Giorgos
Attachments
settings 2.PNG
settings 2.PNG (32.09 KiB) Viewed 12005 times
settings 1.PNG
settings 1.PNG (168.77 KiB) Viewed 12005 times
code.PNG
code.PNG (44.88 KiB) Viewed 12005 times
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (15.17 KiB) Viewed 12005 times

kagouraki

Re: easiturn 3 , data link problem. Please help!

Post by kagouraki » Wed 17 Oct , 2012 9:21 am

No one can help ? please i am student and i want to make it work :/

edit:
and another question. Why does my easiturn dont have G00 and G27 ?

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Wed 17 Oct , 2012 10:51 am

It may be worth sending Mr Magoo a pm.

kagouraki

Post by kagouraki » Wed 17 Oct , 2012 11:06 am

Martin wrote:It may be worth sending Mr Magoo a pm.
ok i will ! Thank you but if someone can help please do this !

Mr Magoo
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Mr Magoo » Wed 17 Oct , 2012 23:40 pm

I think there could be a couple of reasons for this. Either
a) the PC is sending all of the CNC program but the control only recognises the first block.
b) The PC sends the first block and is waiting for the control to request the next block.

I am not familiar with EasyDNC but here are some suggestions...
1.Try turning off the XON-XOFF flow control (set it to "no flow control" or similar). You may also have to increase the "Block Delay" to something like 1000ms. This solution will not work for Drip-Feed but may work for storing a program in teh CNC.

2. Try changing the Stop Bits to "2 stop bits"

3. if the PNC control has a "Paper Tape" option on the screen then try this (Paper Tape option used Xon-Xoff type flow control)

HTH

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 18 Oct , 2012 10:02 am

?
If the usual members don't reply then it's because they can't help...it's better to leave a post unanswered as less frequent members (who may know the answer) can view unanswered posts. If we reply with a "sorry, we don't know" then you have even less chance of someone seeing the post.
edit:
I'm sure this machine will have G00 and G01 linear moves but I doubt it would ever need G27:Reference point return check - I don't really know what use that would be.
The PNC control is very old technology, before most of our times so we know very little about it.

kagouraki

Post by kagouraki » Thu 18 Oct , 2012 18:36 pm

Mr Magoo wrote:I think there could be a couple of reasons for this. Either
a) the PC is sending all of the CNC program but the control only recognises the first block.
b) The PC sends the first block and is waiting for the control to request the next block.

I am not familiar with EasyDNC but here are some suggestions...
1.Try turning off the XON-XOFF flow control (set it to "no flow control" or similar). You may also have to increase the "Block Delay" to something like 1000ms. This solution will not work for Drip-Feed but may work for storing a program in teh CNC.

2. Try changing the Stop Bits to "2 stop bits"

3. if the PNC control has a "Paper Tape" option on the screen then try this (Paper Tape option used Xon-Xoff type flow control)

HTH
I have tried all this configuration and a lot different combinations... I will try tomorrow more .
It must me a configuration problem. The program that denford used to provide (i have found it in a .zip file here in the forum named old machine software.It is a dos programm) makes the same think. It recieves but sends only the first line to the cnc and then waits. The easyDNC says Waiting for CNC so i supose that the problem is on the cnc side because it didnt send the signal to the pc to send the next block. :/
i am confused and have a headace i was 5 hours trying different configurations on the cnc and the pc... If some one has a suggestion please let me know :) thank you very much in advance

kagouraki

Post by kagouraki » Thu 18 Oct , 2012 18:38 pm

Denford Admin wrote:
?
If the usual members don't reply then it's because they can't help...it's better to leave a post unanswered as less frequent members (who may know the answer) can view unanswered posts. If we reply with a "sorry, we don't know" then you have even less chance of someone seeing the post.
edit:
I'm sure this machine will have G00 and G01 linear moves but I doubt it would ever need G27:Reference point return check - I don't really know what use that would be.
The PNC control is very old technology, before most of our times so we know very little about it.
My cnc dont have G00 and G27 . It is very old.

kagouraki

Post by kagouraki » Fri 19 Oct , 2012 21:28 pm

I have tried several thinks and then i have found a topic here in the forums and downloaded a serial monitor to see the ASCII traffic to find the problem.
I think that the problem is that the cnc dont transmit a ACK charakter (06 in ASCII ) when it recieves the first bock. so the easyDNC waits for this character to send the second block. I have read the manual and the firt block is transmited corectly. It has the STX (02) in the start and the CR (0D) in the end.
The cnc transmits the ACK character only when i press STOP (while i was bored to wait) and SEND again in the easyDNC. But it is transmitted while it recieves the code again because i have pushed SEND again.
I have made a video and you can see everything i have done and described here. If you want you can see the last post in this topic , witch is mine , to obtain more information about my problem.

Sorry for my english ! ! I try hard...

Any sugestions ?

ViDeo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hsgqIpw4t0

topic viewtopic.php?f=54&t=1040&p=14993#p14993

kagouraki

Post by kagouraki » Mon 22 Oct , 2012 15:35 pm

so ok ! i have found the problem and the problem is easyDNC . If i transmit with hyperterm for example the line G01X170Z470FX1500
in this format :

ctrl+B (this is the STX (02) character) G01X170Z470FX1500L ctrl+M (CR(0D)) ctrl+B (STX(02))

the cnc returns me a ACK(06) and i can type the next block and continue without problem.
EasyDNC transmit this one :

ctrl+B (this is the STX (02) character) G01X170Z470FX1500L ctrl+M (CR(0D))

so the cnc dont answer until it gets the next STX character and it is waiting and nothing happens.

IF i could program the easyDNC to send this format :

ctrl+B (this is the STX (02) character) G01X170Z470FX1500L ctrl+M (CR(0D)) ctrl+B (STX(02))
ctrl+B (STX(02)) G01X160Z460FX1500L ctrl+M (CR(0D)) ctrl+B (STX(02))

i can save in my memory but for drip feed i would need to have this format :

ctrl+B (this is the STX (02) character) G01X170Z470FX1500L ctrl+M (CR(0D)) ctrl+B (STX(02)) ctrl+B (STX(02)) ctrl+B (STX(02)) ctrl+B (STX(02)) ...
(it must send the STX character until the cnc has completed his move and when it has completed it sends the ACK (06) and then the easyDNC will continue with the next )
ctrl+B (STX(02)) G01X160Z460FX1500L ctrl+M (CR(0D)) ctrl+B (STX(02)) ctrl+B (STX(02)) ctrl+B (STX(02)) ctrl+B (STX(02)) ctrl+B (STX(02))...

can anybody help me to do this ? or does someone know if i could make a program in matlab ?

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 22 Oct , 2012 16:19 pm

I'd contact easyDNC - I'm sure they will have a way of adding the STX to the end of each line.
ps, I'd also see if ETX works from hyperterminal...that makes more sense than using an STX at the end.

kagouraki

Post by kagouraki » Mon 22 Oct , 2012 16:34 pm

Denford Admin wrote:I'd contact easyDNC - I'm sure they will have a way of adding the STX to the end of each line.
ps, I'd also see if ETX works from hyperterminal...that makes more sense than using an STX at the end.
after the CR it must be some character.Any character works but i have choosen STX...

i will contact them and if nothing can be done then i will try to write a programm in matlab

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 23 Oct , 2012 8:54 am

after the CR it must be some character.Any character works but i have choosen STX...
If it just needs any character then how about LF (Line Feed) it may be that easyDNC has the option of appending CR+LF at the end or just CR

kagouraki

Post by kagouraki » Tue 23 Oct , 2012 11:47 am

Denford Admin wrote:
If it just needs any character then how about LF (Line Feed) it may be that easyDNC has the option of appending CR+LF at the end or just CR
If you have choosen the PNC2-4 mode then it transmit only CR at the end whatever you do.exept that i need for drip feed to send this "any character" again and again until the cnc has finished his move and respont with a ACK to continue in the next line.