All info relating to the Denford EasiMill and EasiTurn lathes and mills

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

aspley
Hardware/Software: Denford orac
Denford Easiturn 3
Mach 3

Easiturn retrofit

Post by aspley » Mon 08 Oct , 2012 16:05 pm

Hi, i have just purchased an Easiturn three and am going to convert to Mach 3. I want to get rid of the steppers and replace with servos. I have some mitsubishi 400watt servos and drivers sitting doing nothing and was hoping they might be man enough to power the two axis given there is about a 3:1 reduction on the timing pulleys? Any thoughts?.

angel-tech
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: .....
4 Quatros
3 Oracs
2 Easiturn atc
12 station lathe atc
Mach 3

Re: Easiturn retrofit

Post by angel-tech » Mon 08 Oct , 2012 20:43 pm

if you complete the servo mod, i would be interested in the power supply, the two stepper drives, and the steppers.

aspley
Denford Easiturn 3
Mach 3

Post by aspley » Mon 08 Oct , 2012 21:05 pm

Hi there,all the old electronics including the console will be up for sale as i am i am pretty well starting from scratch . I only got the lathe home today so will take me a little while to remove all the bits. The machine came from a training college so has had very little use. I am hoping to add two electronic handwheels so the lathe can be used as a manual as well as cnc. If it's a success i can then sell off my Boxford VSL500 as i really don't have the space for two lathes. I am going to need some help getting Mach 3 to work properly with the mpgs and the auto tool changer though as i know nothing about writing macros and the software side of things. Hopefully some smart guy out there will take pity on me.

angel-tech
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
4 Quatros
3 Oracs
2 Easiturn atc
12 station lathe atc
Mach 3

Post by angel-tech » Mon 08 Oct , 2012 21:14 pm

which inverter does it have ?

angel-tech
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
4 Quatros
3 Oracs
2 Easiturn atc
12 station lathe atc
Mach 3

Post by angel-tech » Mon 08 Oct , 2012 21:16 pm

i'm modifying my triac toolchanger macro for an easiturn toolchanger atm. So if i can help i will.

aspley
Denford Easiturn 3
Mach 3

Post by aspley » Tue 09 Oct , 2012 20:23 pm

Thanks for the offer of assistance, i'm certainly going to need some on the electronics side. It is fitted with a combiverter which i shall be removing and replacing with a Jaguar vfd unit by the way. The lathe was fully operational using the original electronics so the bits should be useful to somebody and go someway to offsetting the cost of the new system.