ERROR 410, FANUC OT

All info relating to the Denford Cyclone lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

jons
Hardware/Software: denford cyclone 1990

ERROR 410, FANUC OT

Post by jons » Tue 10 May , 2016 15:43 pm

Denford Cyclone 6 station lathe YOM 1990 using fanuc OT

About 5 weeks ago the x axis rubber drive belt snapped, I replaced it, homed machine and all was fine for an hour then after completing a cycle the turret jerked about 10-20 mm in x+ So i stopped the machine switched it off and on again and was unable to get it to zero return in the x (z was fine)

At this point I guessed that there was an issue with the SEM servo motor ( with built in encoder ) so I took it to be checked out by Anstee and Ware in Swindon. They advised me that there was a fault with the encoder and replaced it (not cheap).

I have now put the motor back on but as soon as i power up the machine the servo motor turns\moves the turret anywhere from 8-12 mm then comes up with
error510 over travel X+
error 410 servo alarm X axis excess
and in the rear cabinet there is a red light on with the letters SO next to it.

I have checked that all parameters are as to the book, started machine holding down lqp cancel ,and put the collision parameters to Zero

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: ERROR 410, FANUC OT

Post by Martin » Wed 11 May , 2016 8:41 am

It sounds like you need to invert the motor wires. Can you swap the Red & Black motor wires over. If the motor is wired differently to the tach it will see the motor twitching & try to compensate making the error bigger.