TU150U wiring schematic?

All info relating to the Denford Cyclone lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

drumsticksplinter
Hardware/Software: Denford Cyclone

TU150U wiring schematic?

Post by drumsticksplinter » Fri 22 Apr , 2016 15:55 pm

Hello,

I'm just starting a retrofit on my Cyclone and wondered if there are any generic wiring diagrams for this type of machine? The serial number is: 80625C, dated August 1998. I already have the electrical spec sheet, the conversion would be a bit easier with some wiring information.

Thanks

moray
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Hardware/Software: Triac VMC

Re: TU150U wiring schematic?

Post by moray » Fri 22 Apr , 2016 16:29 pm

I've got a copy, that I was sure I downloaded from here, but I can't find where.
The zipfile name is "TU150 1993"

If you want to PM me your email, I can email you a copy across.

drumsticksplinter
Hardware/Software: Denford Cyclone

Post by drumsticksplinter » Fri 22 Apr , 2016 23:09 pm

Thanks a lot for the diagrams :D

From the bit of wire tracing I did earlier today it looks quite similar.

How do you find your retrofit for reliability and productivity? I've been looking into a few options, cslabs products using mach4 looks favourable, but their kit is quite expensive. I've dabbled with linux before but its such a learning curve and I just don't have the time to invest to build the control from scratch.

Thanks

moray
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Hardware/Software: Triac VMC

Post by moray » Fri 22 Apr , 2016 23:53 pm

I can't really tell you how it compares, as the first thing I done was rip out the original controller and steppers, and replace them with a KFlop+Kanalog, along with new servos and drives.

Have a look at http://www.uk-cnc.com/forum/build-logs/ ... -retrofit/
I've just updated it with a bit info about moving from Mach 3 to KMotionCNC.

The hardest thing is the turret. I removed the original turret interface board, and installed a PLC to handle the tool changes. If I was doing it again, I'd add a Konnect IO board and do everything in the KFlop, but the Konnect hadn't been released at the time. The big issue with the turret is the timing. Mach3 certainly couldn't respond fast enough to control it direct (Mach 3 only has a 10Hz update rate for In/Out in Macros), however I'm sure if you could work out how the original turret interface board works, timing wouldn't be as critical as I'm sure the interface board handles the critical timing.
Mach 4 timing is far better, but I'm not sure if it would be fast enough.

As you say, if you need the machine working, time is money. It's a case of how much time are you willing to trade in order to save some money on parts?