Setting work zero

All info relating to the Denford Cyclone lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

drumsticksplinter
Hardware/Software: Denford Cyclone

Setting work zero

Post by drumsticksplinter » Mon 15 Jun , 2015 8:19 am

Hello,

I've recently purchased a Cyclone TU150U in good working order. However, it came with no manuals and the seller didn't know anything about the machine.

I have downloaded some of the manuals offered in previous threads, which have been very useful, but I'm still struggling to find 1 key bit of information.

How do you set a work zero in Z in the cyclone dos software? I can home the machine, I can see how to set up tool offsets (which I haven't yet fully completed), but I can't see how you can set Z zero at the end of your stock material? Normally its just a simple command like "z" then Origin" or "Z" then "0" and "enter", something along those lines, but I can't find anywhere in the manuals that mentions this. I have tried pressing a few combinations that seem logical, but just can't hit on the correct combination of key presses.

Thanks

drumsticksplinter

Re: Setting work zero

Post by drumsticksplinter » Mon 15 Jun , 2015 23:04 pm

Anyone?

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Tue 16 Jun , 2015 11:27 am

M Z 0 & enter. For the X axis it would be M X & then the measured diameter.

drumsticksplinter

Post by drumsticksplinter » Tue 16 Jun , 2015 20:29 pm

Thanks for the reply! :)

I think that is the procedure for setting the tool offsets though isn't it? say if I have all of my tool offsets set in my library, I have a program ready to go, I put in a piece of stock material, I want to be able to touch on in Z, set that point as Z zero and then run my program. This is what I'm trying to achieve. I've used a couple of other cnc machines before and this has always been the procedure I've used. How do I set z to zero other than the machine homing zero?

Thanks

drumsticksplinter

Post by drumsticksplinter » Thu 18 Jun , 2015 23:25 pm

Can anyone please shed some light on this please? I have my tool offsets setup and saved, I come to start a new job, load a billet of an unmeasured length, I want to set my tools to work from the face of the billet in Z and the centreline in X. I don't want to set each tool offset again, and the machine datum point (home position) has no relevance to the billet I've just loaded.

Please help!

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Fri 19 Jun , 2015 8:38 am

I don't think the Dos software has a work piece offset. You can however create multiple offsets.

I have attached a generic Dos Manual.
Attachments
Fanuc OT (offline turning) Programming manual DOS version.pdf
(4 MiB) Downloaded 28459 times