Cyclone U / E manuals?

All info relating to the Denford Cyclone lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

drumsticksplinter
Hardware/Software: Denford Cyclone

Cyclone U / E manuals?

Post by drumsticksplinter » Tue 02 Jun , 2015 21:53 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm buying a cyclone, but I'm unsure of the exact model.... What are the differences between the E and the U? I'm looking for a manual for these machines. Also, what software would have been supplied with these machines? If my seller hasn't got the software, is it still available?

The machine is circa 1998, on cabinet with coolant tank, auto lube, manual tailstock, 8 pos' toolchanger (grey in colour).

Thanks

drumsticksplinter
Hardware/Software: Denford Cyclone

Re: Cyclone U / E manuals?

Post by drumsticksplinter » Wed 03 Jun , 2015 21:01 pm

Ok, I got a couple of disks that go with the machine when I paid a deposit a couple of days ago. 1 of the disks says "Cyclone U V.1.47", which was in the machine's floppy drive, so I guess that answers the question as to what type of machine it is.

I'm still hoping to find a manual for the Cyclone U if anyone has any ideas where I could obtain this?

Regarding the floppy disk marked "Cyclone U Version 1.47" I'm guessing this contains the parameters for the machine? Does the machine need to see this disk at startup and would it be a good idea to get a backup?

Thanks

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Cyclone U / E manuals?

Post by Martin » Thu 04 Jun , 2015 8:25 am

Yes it will need the disk to boot from so make a back up. It will need to be formatted as a boot disk first for it to work.