Cyclone tool setting

All info relating to the Denford Cyclone lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

spannerman

Cyclone tool setting

Post by spannerman » Mon 20 Aug , 2012 11:51 am

I have just purchased a Denford cyclone with Fanuc 2li-t control. The machine powers up and homes ok. I am trying to set the tool as per the instructions in the Denford manual. With the tool no 1 touching the face of the work piece it says to select the Work Shift Screen and press the Ofset/Mesur button. When I do this the Ofset/Mesur button will not stay illuminated and if I try to key in the MZ0 input command I get an incorrect code alarm. Can anyone help?

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Cyclone tool setting

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 20 Aug , 2012 13:58 pm

Never really used that control but it could be to so with the machine mode you are in...maybe it needs to be Edit or Jog ?
You may also need to have the Program Protect key switch turned off.

Try this link for Fanuc 21i manuals

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 20 Aug , 2012 14:08 pm

Ps, look for the manual numbered 63604EN.pdf

spannerman

Post by spannerman » Tue 21 Aug , 2012 12:08 pm

Thanks for the info but I do have a Fanuc manual. I have tried different modes ie jog, manual etc and with the key on and off but still will not work. The tool position was eventually set using the touch technique and then using the tool offset page and keying in the position plus the work dia after clearing any tool offsets. This gave X= -163.at approx 10mm from centre line. There is a datum label on the front of the machine giving the x axis centre line as -179 so not far out. This worked ok but on powering up the machine next day the tool was cutting in the wrong position. I have tried to reset the tool using the same procedure as before but my X axis now reads plus 6.5 at 10mm from centre line which is a massive shift from the -197. Any ideas.

spannerman

Post by spannerman » Tue 21 Aug , 2012 12:10 pm

Also forgot to say that when machining the X axis diameter of the components creeps up and I have to keep resetting the offst to compensate. I have checked to make sure there is nothing mechanically loose and all seems ok.