Hardware/Software: Denford Novamill
Denford Startturn 8 with turret
Haas TM1
A big hammer
Fusion 360 CAD/CAM

FANUC OT-B MDI mode - how to?

Post by Dangle_kt » Tue 20 Mar , 2018 11:18 am

Hi folks,

Well the turret issue continues, I'm going to pull it off over the weekend and begin stripping it down.

In other news I tried to get it to do a tool change via MDI in case the issue was with the manual dial/button.

I have a user guide, FANUC 21i , but that doesn't match my controller or button layout

So this is what I am doing on FANUC OT-B:

I enter MDI mode (press MDI button - it goes red)
I try to type a programme (o0000) then INSERT, or EOB, then INSERT - I get a P/S error
So I try to enter M06 T2 EOB INSERT

Anyway - I keep getting a P/S error

I have a haas cnc mill which I understand but FANUC is confusing as hell, and I can;t find any guides to OT-B anywhere, so if anyone can assist I would be very grateful

It has a rs232 port, so there is the potential for me to send G code to the machine too (I have heard hand coding fanuc OT-B is painful) - but again, I have no idea how to do this on the fanuc, so any assistance would be great

Thanks!

pfp
Hardware/Software: Denford zeroturn Fanuc OT

Re: FANUC OT-B MDI mode - how to?

Post by pfp » Thu 29 Mar , 2018 21:39 pm

Hi procedure for tool change in manual mode.
MDI- program- m06 enter-T2(or which ever number you want to go to)enter- cycle. If you have a door normally requires
this to be closed, will come up with error message and will require re typing commands.
hope this helps :)

pfp
Hardware/Software: Denford zeroturn Fanuc OT

Post by pfp » Fri 30 Mar , 2018 13:10 pm

Just an update from using my machine the enter that I refer to is actually "Input"

Dangle_kt
Hardware/Software: Denford Novamill
Denford Startturn 8 with turret
Haas TM1
A big hammer
Fusion 360 CAD/CAM

Post by Dangle_kt » Wed 23 May , 2018 14:49 pm

Thanks, I found a guy on ebay selling the same machine as I and he very kindly chatted me through some stuff on the phone and then sent me his manual - absolute star of the bloke

Still can;t index the turret, but at least I can home the machine and code/save/recall programs now