The computer to run Compact 1000 Pro - suggestion 4 specs

All info relating to the Denford Compact 1000 and Compact 1000 Pro small routing machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Peter Brose

The computer to run Compact 1000 Pro - suggestion 4 specs

Post by Peter Brose » Fri 02 Feb , 2007 6:54 am

Just about to buy our first CNC machine (Compact 1000 Pro Router) :D am interested in any info on computer specs that will give me maximum performance rather than wishing I had just increased this or that. I have seen the minimum specs on the web site however there may be some people out there who have found improved performance by tweaking the computer. Any help / suggestions very welcome.
Cheers
Peter
Peter Brose

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 02 Feb , 2007 13:28 pm

To get the best from the machine:

Number one upgrade would be the graphics card:
This will speed up 3D simulation, as well as run through the CNC programs quicker (as a slow screen update will effect throughput of move data to the machine). Nb, we've had no problems with NVidia drivers whereas weird things happen with other makes.

Next, I would make sure the USB hardware is good quality, we have had problems with VIA chipset USB hardware sending garbage out to our machines and the laser cutters - a dedicated USB PCI card using NEC chips fixed this for us.

I would go for an Intel processor and motherboard chipset.

It doesn't need to be a really high spec PC to run the machines, but graphics will improve things overall