Can't connect with first PC after second PC connect to on it

All info relating to the Denford Compact 1000 and Compact 1000 Pro small routing machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

davidfhu

Can't connect with first PC after second PC connect to on it

Post by davidfhu » Sun 04 Jul , 2010 20:10 pm

Hi,

I am using Compact 1000 Pro. When I am working with first PC with my Compact 1000 Pro, everything is fine.

Right after I have connect my Compact 1000 Pro to second PC, the first PC not able to detect my Compact 1000 Pro.

My labs engineer mention that I will need to reinstall my first PC software, in order to overcome this issue. Is that right? Please advice.

As I am going to different schools to service and work on their Compact 1000 Pro and Compact 2600 Pro, I cannot afford to have my schools to resinstall their software everytime my machine plug into their milling machine.
Best regards,

David Fhu

“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” - James Dean

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Can't connect with first PC after second PC connect to on it

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 05 Jul , 2010 8:59 am

I think the issue could be to do with USB drivers - if you happen to plug back into a different USB port, then the driver is sometimes "lost".

Go into device manager to see if there is an unknown USB device and reinstall the driver (on the VR Milling 5 CD-ROM under the \USB folder)
Re-sintalling the whole V5 software would also fix this, but I'm sure only the USB machine driver needs to be re-installed

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Mon 05 Jul , 2010 9:07 am

You are probably plugging into a different USB port the second time you connect.

When installing the USB port I normally plug the cable into a port let it find new hardware then install the driver from the CD. I then unplug the cable and repeat the process for all the USB ports.

davidfhu

Post by davidfhu » Mon 05 Jul , 2010 9:17 am

Thank you, Steve and Denford Admin.

I will do a test on my first PC. I will feedback to the same post, if i have any positive information.
Best regards,

David Fhu

“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” - James Dean