Modela MDX-20 and 2D design

A forum for issues relating to the use of TechSoft 2D design and Denford CNC machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

lokkochaa
Hardware/Software: modela MDX-20 & 2D Design

Modela MDX-20 and 2D design

Post by lokkochaa » Tue 30 Oct , 2012 18:52 pm

Hi there,

I've recently acquired an MDX-20 and i'm trying to teach myself both 2D design and another 3D programme.

Ive drawn out a very simple design for the machine to cut out. However after trying a few different approaches im having some real issues where the cutter cuts to and beyond final depth on its first pass destroying the work piece.

I was wondering if someone who knows 2D design could explain how i get the machine to cut at different depths a) straight down and b) slightly stepped.

Ive "stacked" different colours in the hope it would cut them one after the other but that didnt seem to work even though i had them in the right order - I also did this after "contouring" the design to get cool 0.5mm steps to the final cut. This worked with some degree of success last time, but the parameters seems to have gone and when i run it it cuts right thru the piece pulling it off the bed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i'm only trying simple things to start with but im still struggling.

Thanks

Matt

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Modela MDX-20 and 2D design

Post by Steve » Fri 02 Nov , 2012 15:52 pm

Hi,

You should probably speak to Techsoft on this one. You could purchase the Denford QuickCAM software which would allow you to process the Techsoft software and create the CNC out or use QuickCAM PRO to create files from your 3 D Software.