I get "Invalid platform code" when connecting

Submit any comments, issues or requests relating to the use of VR Milling Version 5 and 2

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

I get "Invalid platform code" when connecting

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 24 Feb , 2006 15:43 pm

When I connect to my machine I get the message Invalid Platform Code after the flash has been erased and the mint downloaded.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 24 Feb , 2006 15:46 pm

This usually occurs when you have selected the wrong machine.
Denford machines have different hardware and firmware types which mean the control software MUST have the correct machine type selected in order to send the correct Mint file (this is the programmable Logic)

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Thu 02 Mar , 2006 14:24 pm

Check the machine type displayed at the top of the VR Milling screen. This should match the machine type printed on the machine serial number label. If not select "SETUP" "Machine" from the menu and select the correct machine. :!: Note You will have to exit the machine connection first!