Software Registration issue

Submit any comments, issues or requests relating to the use of VR Milling Version 5 and 2

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Sidney Murphy

Software Registration issue

Post by Sidney Murphy » Fri 03 Nov , 2006 18:09 pm

:?

On a recent visit to C2k (classroom 2000 which manage our schools’ networks in Northern Ireland) I encountered the following error which indicates a problem with the software not unable to find the registration information, which had already been supplied during the installation of VR Milling 5 and Quickcam Pro. I was carrying out tests on Denfords and other supplier’s CADCAM software when installed not to the default directory but an alternative one which has less security i.e. C:\Program Files\LocalApps\Denford..........................

I encounter this error with Denford’s software, can you recommend a fix for this. Should I copy the licence floppy information to some new location? When this occurs I have been going to the Upgrade tab on the Registration window shown and choosing Upgrade, then Wizard and presenting the floppy again which gets me into your software but not with a permanent fix. Are there other options which I should be using on the registration window shown below?

I don’t get the error when I choose the default directory, but on C2k this directory has tight security which causes other problems.

If this always occurs with an alternative installation directory is chosen can Denford suggest a permanent fix which is automatic under these circumstances?

I would appreciate your comments.

Regards

Sid Murphy
Attachments
VR Milling ver5 opened on 03-11-06 licence error.doc
(276 KiB) Downloaded 729 times

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Mon 06 Nov , 2006 10:26 am

Having spoken to Admin it sounds like the licence file is not installed where the software expects it to be.

The software looks for a valid SecKey.tff file in the directory as the application exe file. If it is not found in this directory the software scans for a dongle on the parallel port and if not found reorts the licence problem.

This is the same for all our recent software (Quick CAM 2D, 3D, and PRO etc)

Try making a copy of the SecKey file and putting it in the VR Milling 5 directory. Make sure you have write access to do this so it remains for other users.

If there is still a problem, let me know.