How to create the code for this particular file?

Submit any comments, issues or requests relating to the use of VR Milling Version 5 and 2

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

trouty53
Hardware/Software: Microrouter + VRMilling v2
Techsoft 2D ver 1
ProDesktop

How to create the code for this particular file?

Post by trouty53 » Tue 21 Jan , 2014 20:41 pm

Hi there,

I have created a drawing using 2D design of a simple part for a table side. I have exported it out as a DXF and now imported it into VR Milling but I cannot select the correct parts to create the cutting paths.

I want to complete the following processes.

1. Drill the two holes with the cutter - This is fine
2.Cut the rectangle on the left 6mm deep with the area clearance cut - this cannot be selected.
3. Cut the other same size rectangle on the right 6mm deep with the area clearance cut. - This cannot be selected
4. Use the outside offset cut to go all the way though the 12mm board- This is fine

I know on the some of the older versions of the software I could have used different colours to set different depths of parts but I cannot seem to find any way to get this to cut. I have a whole class of GCSE students to have created work this way and really need to sort a solution to this as soon as possible.

Please help
Attachments
TEST CUT Problems.dxf
(3.84 KiB) Downloaded 506 times

MAX THE MILLER
CNC Expert
CNC Expert
Hardware/Software: Denford Triac PC. VR Milling 5.51.0.616

Re: How to create the code for this particular file?

Post by MAX THE MILLER » Wed 22 Jan , 2014 15:03 pm

I think it's down to the fact that any area selected must be made up of COMPLETE entities. The outer rectangle is made up of four complete straight lines, so can be selected. The circles are each complete circles, so can be selected.

Other rectangles are made up of both complete straight lines and parts of straight lines, ie those lines running horizontally. They cannot be selected.