Open new dwg file issues, help needed please

Submit any comments, issues or requests relating to the use of VR Milling Version 5 and 2

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Sloan
Hardware/Software: Denford novamill cnc

Open new dwg file issues, help needed please

Post by Sloan » Sat 15 Dec , 2012 14:51 pm

Hi there, I'm running a novamill with vr milling latest version, I do all my drawings on autocad lt 2013, iv just started in cnc milling and have not yet completed a project so I am what u would call a complete novice, when I am in vr milling and I select file new dwg file and select my autocad drawing nothing shows up on the next screen it's just the red n s e w lines on the screen I was just wondering if any one new what was wrong the chances are it's me that's not doing something right the problem could even be something I'm doing wrong in auto cad, so if any one could describe in detail the complete process or any help would be really appreciated,

Thanks
Steve

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Open new dwg file issues, help needed please

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 17 Dec , 2012 10:10 am

Hi,

What kind of objects are in the drawing ? It's always worth exploding things down to simple lines/polylines/arcs in case you are using highe level objects which may not be recognised by our dxf reader.
Can you attach the .dwg for us to look at ?
You might also want to try exporting as a .dxf

Sloan
Hardware/Software: Denford novamill cnc

Re: Open new dwg file issues, help needed please

Post by Sloan » Mon 17 Dec , 2012 23:06 pm

Hi

Thanks for ur reply after a load more hours in the garage I finally figured it out, it was me at fault I wasn't importing it from autocad properly I managed to get it done and it is working perfect now I only need figure out how the rest of It works now, :-)

Thanks Again
Steve